Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Little_Foot

Hahahahahaha. Amazing. Oh it's going to be so so so awesomely terrible! I may just have an aneurysm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Don´t remember if there's already a thread about this, please feel free to merge it if there is :>

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37712
    1332347998.jpg&w=250

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I must say this sounds like a terrible idea for a film. I just cannot see it working in any way shape or form.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I must say this sounds like a terrible idea for a film. I just cannot see it working in any way shape or form.

Me neither, but I still hope dinosaurs kick the alien's sorry asses :pac:

Although apparently dinosaurs wore crude armour and hats! :pac:

1332350446.jpg

• Advertisement

:eek: And I thought the aliens had captured the dinosaurs and forced them to wear those!

Adam Khor wrote: »
    :eek: And I thought the aliens had captured the dinosaurs and forced them to wear those!

Well the interview hints that the dinosaurs had a primitive culture. I'd imagine had the aliens been using dinosaurs to do their bidding they'd have given them some better tech:

Tal_Set_-_T-E.jpg

That sucks. Dinosaurs should be dinosaurs (100% wild, unspoiled by "civilization") XD

Bet you hated Dinotopia...

Convoy-Surrounded-Dinotopia.jpg

Well, I only saw the miniseries and tried hard to enjoy it but... yeah, not my favorite vision of a dinosaur-populated world :o

• Advertisement

I was the same. I really wanted to watch it all in the hope that it would pick up and get good, but gave up and never saw the end.
    Kind of like Terra Nova, but not as bad.

I was the same. I really wanted to watch it all in the hope that it would pick up and get good, but gave up and never saw the end.
    Kind of like Terra Nova, but not as bad.

I think it suffered a lot from the fact that the two main dudes were so friggin dumb...

TV dino-dramas tend not to do well. IMO to get the them to work you need a massive budget, not just for effects, but also to get the best talent (writers, actors etc.) to pull it off. Heck, Terra Nova had a very budget but couldn't manage it. Stuff like Anonymous Rex had an excuse as it had a tiny budget.

Re: Dinos V Aliens; some of that artwork reminds me of the comic Extinction Event.

_EXTINCTION_EVENT_1_Brett_Booth.jpg

Them some damn sexy palaeontologists...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,235 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That promo is only for a motion comic unfortunatley. Still the art looks damn cool, and with Grant Morrison writing I'd be wiilling to bet this should be above average. I like that they're going for what appears to be a more serious tone, was afraid this was going to closer to MIB or Mars Attacks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,235 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

First part of the motion comic is up: http://blastr.com/2012/07/watch-the-1st-chapter-of.php

Not had a chance to watch it yet.

Not a whole lot in it. Curiously it seems to be coming from the aliens' perspective though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Those aliens look like sentinals from The Matrix.

Alien eh ?

Imagine an Alien chestburster coming out of Utahraptor or Quetzalcoatlus ?

Advertisement