Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portable Hard Disk Advice

• 10-05-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a 1tb portable hard disk and shortlisted 3 of them.

Samsung

WD

Iomega

Anyone any idea, which one will be better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Do you have a usb 3 port on you computer? If not I wouldn't fork out for any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

send me a pm i have brand new one,s at a much better price than these and they are very fast and have Samsung drive,s in them

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭toadpenguin

WD is the most reputable brand of the three in my opinion, but I agree with cookie. If you don't absolutely need to transfer huge files very very quickly a cheaper USB 2.0 drive like this would do the trick.

If I was to pick between one of the three you linked to though, I would pick the WD for the reputable brand name and shmexy colours :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Do you have a usb 3 port on you computer? If not I wouldn't fork out for any of them.

I dont really have a USB 3 on my laptop, was just thinking about the future.

I do take your point though, probably save some money. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,576 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

If you don't absolutely need to transfer huge files very very quickly a cheaper USB 2.0 drive like this would do the trick.

that's not a portable drive though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement