Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Modem, o2 Sim

Options
  • 10-05-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just wondering if anyone would have any advice, asked over on the vodafone forum and didnt get a clear answer, see below message on vodafone forum:

"I have a vodafone sharing dock, a PAYG vodafone modem and an o2 bill pay modem.

I was told by a few of the guys in data that the vodafone modems are unlocked so i put my o2 sim into it.

I was advised to go to 192.168.0.1 and log in using admin as the password.

I went in and changed the apn settings to the o2 Broadband apn "open.internet", no username or password.

Im gettings a great signal but cant get it to connect.

Any ideas?

Cheers"

Id really appreciate any help on this one.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does the sim work in any other modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joefurl

The only other modem i have is the vodafone PAYG one. I just tried the o2 sim in it and tried to see if the o2 software would connect the modem but it just says "Device not connected"

One of the lads in data support told me that the Vodafone modem would have to be flashed of its software for the o2 sim to work. I was hoping there would be an easier solution that that but maybe there isnt one.

Advertisement