Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant City Centre

Options
  • 10-05-2011 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

So taking my folks out for dinner in city on Thursday evening. Any recommendations? Dont want to spend mad money but want somewhere nice as well.
    Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Big fan of the early bird in FXB's temple bar if you are eating before 7.

20 Euro a head for quality food.

(I presume you mean Dublin)! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Yes in Dublin! Cheers for the suggestion. Will be more 8/9pm though

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Yes in Dublin! Cheers for the suggestion. Will be more 8/9pm though

If they like thai food, Siam Thai on St Andrews Street just off Grafton Street does a great early bird menu all evening. And its top notch. Another lovely spot would be La Caverna in Templebar, small italian place and its a little gem. Good value too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Mid range, and some have Early Birds too -
    Pichet, Winding Stair, Le Mere Zou, Fallon & Byrne, La Maision, L'Gueuelton

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

The Trocadero do a nice meal too - more european stuff which the folks seem to like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

Dylan McGrath's new place on George's St is very good. The Rustic Stone. The onus is on healthy tasty food. They do every wine by the glass as well so you can try a few or switch easily between starter, main & dessert.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I regularly go to Hugos. Great little place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Trocadero, as someone else said, is a good one. Very nice food & comfy. Also The Millstone on Dame street is good as is Boulevard Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Trocadero, as someone else said, is a good one. Very nice food & comfy. Also The Millstone on Dame street is good as is Boulevard Cafe.

Oh god the Millstone, the seats in there are awful - so uncomfortable & they use waaaaaaaaaaay too much parsley - IN EVERYTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

temply wrote: »
    Oh god the Millstone, the seats in there are awful - so uncomfortable & they use waaaaaaaaaaay too much parsley - IN EVERYTHING

Have to say I never noticed that about parsley all the times I've been there. Or that the seats were uncomfortable but sure I've had terrible experiences in other places that people loved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Kylemore Cafe on O'Connell St

Advertisement