Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Work I've Done

Options
  • 11-05-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum, not sure where to put it.
    Just posting a link to some of the work I have done in college and would really like some feedback on them, hopefully there will be more to come, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HorshboxProductions?feature=mhum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

Pretty weird, i like weird :) haha

Good video, very well made and produced even though it was done on a low quality camera. It was a little random at first but you tied it all up nicely at the end.

Check out my channel if you like weird short films and things that don't make much sense but are funny (i hope)

http://www.youtube.com/andyterryjay

• Registered Users Posts: 33 thecrow108

Pretty weird, i like weird :) haha

Good video, very well made and produced even though it was done on a low quality camera. It was a little random at first but you tied it all up nicely at the end.

Check out my channel if you like weird short films and things that don't make much sense but are funny (i hope)

http://www.youtube.com/andyterryjay

Thanks for the kind words. The project was shot on a Bolex camera so that's why the quality is the way it is, also all the sound was put on it afterwards having been recorded in the studio. I'll check out some of your videos, cause weird is good :P

thecrow108 wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words. The project was shot on a Bolex camera so that's why the quality is the way it is, also all the sound was put on it afterwards having been recorded in the studio. I'll check out some of your videos, cause weird is good :P

Yeah i was going to say that about the audio, its very well done. That is what gives it the edge even though the video isnt the best. You prove you dont need an amazing camera to tell a great story haha. and of coures audio is 50% of your video. do you do film for college or was this just a side project ?

I do film in college in Galway. That film was made for our end of year project in our Film class. We had to pitch ideas and that one that I had wrote got picked and we had to go and make it with zero budget. Also there was about five of us on the crew which with a different role so it was an interesting project.

My 24 people, One question video was made for the end of term documentary class which was a really fun and interesting piece to make, if you want to check it out.

haha i liked that very good.

Yeah well i dont spend any money on anything and its a one man job. i do the camera, i do the sound, i do the editing, the planning, the organising, and occasionally the acting haha. but im only 17.

• Advertisement

haha i liked that very good.

Yeah well i dont spend any money on anything and its a one man job. i do the camera, i do the sound, i do the editing, the planning, the organising, and occasionally the acting haha. but im only 17.

Haha ya do more then most people do in my course, including myself :P

From what I looked at of your stuff it's really good, and what makes it better is that you are just out there doing it for the craic and having fun with it. Keep up the good work. And if anyone you know is into weird stuff get them to check out paranoid :)

thanks man. yeah well im finished my first proper short film and im puttin it into festivals this year, along with another i am writing now.

cool will do :) and likewise. if you know anyone that needs a music video done or anything like that. thats what i am trying to do more of.
    good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Very good, I like the disjointed nature of the whole piece, like walking into the middle of something that you don't quite understand.
    Well done.

Advertisement