Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Connection Problem

• 11-05-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have UPC Broadband in the house and have the Cisco wifi router.Over the last few days the connection has been dropping out every few minutes.Sometimes it connects again in a few seconds automaticaly but most of the time I have to scan for it in the wireless network and select it,and sometimes I even get the message 'Windows cannot connect to this network' even though the shows exellent signal stength!

Would somebody knowledgeable know whats going on here?

It's very frustrating!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hi,

We have UPC Broadband in the house and have the Cisco wifi router.Over the last few days the connection has been dropping out every few minutes.Sometimes it connects again in a few seconds automaticaly but most of the time I have to scan for it in the wireless network and select it,and sometimes I even get the message 'Windows cannot connect to this network' even though the shows exellent signal stength!

Would somebody knowledgeable know whats going on here?

It's very frustrating!

Cheers!

To be honest that EPC thing is a peice of junk. - you get very occasional dropouts with it. I was having a similiar issue myself although it was caused by a recent Windows update. Try going into your device manager and disabling the Microsoft Wifi miniport device but not the actual wireless card itself and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You don't have a broadband issue, you have a Wifi issue, or possibly it's your computer that is broken. See the thread linked by roast, or the Wireless forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement