Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky player on 360.

• 11-05-2011 2:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

Up until now I never bothered with the gold membership. However I got a month free when Microsoft returned my machine having fixed the RROD and I entered it in. Low and behold a whole new world opened up.

Ok so as far as Sky goes I'm getting the On Demand, the 30 or so free channels and the sports and the movies. However there's a section under 'The about sky player section' under Sky Multiroom.
    If you have a Sky multiroom account you can watch all the live channels in your pack on your Xbox 360, at no extra cost
    Now I do have a multiroom account so does this mean I'm entitled to all the live channels I'm subscribed to and not just the 30? And if so how do I get them?

Cheers, vote Quimby!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm curious about this too! Even though I've a Sky+ subscription, I can only watch Sky News on my xbox, even when logged in with my correct details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm curious about this too! Even though I've a Sky+ subscription, I can only watch Sky News on my xbox, even when logged in with my correct details.

You need Sky multiroom. Basically Sky in more than one room to be eligible to watch all available channels/on demand movies etc from your Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

MyKeyG wrote: »
    .Now I do have a multiroom account so does this mean I'm entitled to all the live channels I'm subscribed to and not just the 30? And if so how do I get them?

Cheers, vote Quimby!

I have multi-room and have the live channels but I'd say there are only the same 30 available on the xbox

certainly I dont have access to all the channels I would on the TV (e.g. Irish channles, non-sky movies etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Riskymove wrote: »
    I have multi-room and have the live channels but I'd say there are only the same 30 available on the xbox

certainly I dont have access to all the channels I would on the TV (e.g. Irish channles, non-sky movies etc)

Yea I have it too. Not all the channels are available and some programmes are restricted on SkyPlayer for some licensing reasons. I'm sure there's a list on their website somewhere. All the sky branded channels are there I think and some others like Gold and some kids channels. Don't use the live TV feature really as Xbox is in same room as sky box and obviously quality not as good. There's a decent selection of Movies on demand though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Erm no you dont need multi room. I dont have it and I have access to the channels on the xbox :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

joe123 wrote: »
    Erm no you dont need multi room. I dont have it and I have access to the channels on the xbox :confused:

you're right you don't need multiroom to access it, in fact you don't even need to be a current sky satellite subscriber BUT if you don't have multiroom it costs extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

i used it before as my dad has sky downstairs,and its ok just log on with ur account details but then i got HD box :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

So if I use my friends account (I'm not sure what I need from him for it), he'll be charged for me using sky on the xbox because he doesn't have mulit-room?
    He has +HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I better check the sky bill because ive had sky working on the xbox since it came in bar a couple of months and then they re introduced the the free till christmas thing.

I havent paid anything extra, dont have multiroom and all the live stations work for me bar espn....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

is there anyway of watching a few chanels without having sky at home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

vlad2009 wrote: »

I think you can get Sky News, thats all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

vlad2009 wrote: »
    You can get anything a Sky subscriber can get through sky player you just need a sky player subscription. Not sure of the prices but my friend today told me they were relatively steep.

<EDIT> http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/online-tv-packages.html

Advertisement