Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc 100mb galway

• 11-05-2011 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

tried to sign up for upc's new broadband offer. not available in city yet. pity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

tried to sign up for upc's new broadband offer. not available in city yet. pity.

Don't worry. You're day will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The 100mb service is still a relatively new product. It took 3 months before it was available in my apartment block, yet the infrastructure could support it, and Limerick was used for its trial run.

Don't worry. If the lower packages are available in your area already, then it shouldn't be too long before the 100mb package is.
    kraggy wrote: »
    Don't worry. You're day will come.
    Not sure if that pun was intended, but either way, I lol'd. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Galway is a mixed bag of cable some of which cannot support 100mbits. Will they even offer everyone 50mbits one wonders.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Been discussed in various threads in BB a while.
    If it ever makes it to Galway I'd def be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheMastero

i sooooo want tis in limerick NOW lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Yeah, got the same speil when I rang this morning. Not available in your area.
    2012 was mentioned but I'd hope it would be available before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Galway is a mixed bag of cable some of which cannot support 100mbits. Will they even offer everyone 50mbits one wonders.?

100 mbits wouldnt be very fast at all.........

In most areas the infastructure is capable of delivering 100 ''mbytes'' its just capped at a certain speed.

gives NTL/UPC somewhere to go, no point offering 100 mbps straight off the bat and have no room for expansion.without relaying better cable that is.

some fibreoptic cable can offer speeds of up to 2tbps......but your pc wouldnt be able to cope with that :)

100mbps is coming very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

have spotted the upc lines doing loads of work in my estate in knockncarra, thought it might be linked to the new service.

anyway, rang upc and got through to a very sound fella who explained that its not in galway yet. he said that going by previous upgrades that it always came to mervue and ballybane first and then after that it spread throughout the rest of the town. so there may be a bit of a wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Bluesteel7

Not until 2012 i have heard for Galway and Waterford :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

im not a gamer so i think i can wait a year of so

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Any news on developments? Im considering a move to Galway, but I really dont want to give up my 100mb package I have at the moment!

Advertisement