Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoulCalibur V discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Doom: a lot of the players who want this to go ahead can't seem to make it on the day. We're gonna need to put our heads together and take another crack at this during the summer - putting all the eggs in this one basket is just not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll be there playing sc5 regardless. Admittedly im not very good at the game but if any sc players are free they should definitely come along.. Even if we get relatively few entrants docs are usually a fun day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Is anyone still playing SCV? Or is the game completely dead already? Casuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Doom: a lot of the players who want this to go ahead can't seem to make it on the day. We're gonna need to put our heads together and take another crack at this during the summer - putting all the eggs in this one basket is just not on.

You know you guys can organise casuals/ranbats yourselves? From what I hear theres a good few sc players (like 10-12) and you don't have to rely on people like doom who don't even play the game to organise stuff like tournaments and with so many ways to communicate to players nowadays you shouldn't really have to tbh

@thewitch atm it seems only marvel, sf and mk are being played at casuals :(

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    You know you guys can organise casuals/ranbats yourselves? From what I hear theres a good few sc players (like 10-12) and you don't have to rely on people like doom who don't even play the game to organise stuff like tournaments and with so many ways to communicate to players nowadays you shouldn't really have to tbh

@thewitch atm it seems only marvel, sf and mk are being played at casuals :(

We had a good group of players back when the game first came out but then everyone just disappeared...

I know Jun, no love for any 3D fighters unfortunately! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Just a headsup, there's a SCV tourney at my tournament on August 18th.

And you can always bring SCV to the bi-weekly casuals and get others to come and play it similar to the MK Krew to re-ignite interest.

I'd get into SCV as I love 3D fighters, but I've no money as of now but I do plan to get it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My problem is that I'm very much interested in playing, enjoy playing it but there is no one locally who I can play it offline with. It was great being able to finally get some offline action last weekend at DoC but I don't plan on being up in Dublin too much before I go to Oz in November.

Another thing is I'm pretty certain the release of TTT2 will pretty much be the death of the game, which will be a pity. Flawed as it is, it's still a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I still like this game even though I don't get to play it as much as I'd like. I'm up for playing it whenever I make it to casuals which isn't too often unfortunately...
    I'll stick up a post next time I'm going to be at casuals so we can hopefully get a few games going

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

I still play it a fair bit, I can only go to tournaments around Cork though, I can't afford to go to Dublin really. So if there's places in Cork playing Calibur V, let people know! Also, most places have tournaments run on Xboxes it seems and I play on PS3, so I'd have to borrow other people controllers, which I hate doing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I play a bit online still, but don't have much time to get to casuals or tournaments. In a couple of weeks I'll be more available though.

• Advertisement

Had a pretty good time online yesterday, won all of my matches(yay). I'm curious, who do you guys play? My main is Maxi and I came across a couple of Ivy(non-custom) players yesterday and they gave me the most tense matches. I never really see Ivy players so those two players stood out quite a bit.

In fact, one of them was French and I gave him massive props for the great match but dude didn't know any English xD. I tried translating what I said into French but he hasn't replied yet. I wonder if I said something offensive by accident. xD

Anyway yeah, who do you guys play?

Well, my SCV main appears in my signature ( Pyrrha Omega ) but I do also play Regular Pyrrha from time to time as well.

I main Astaroth and mess around with Cerv and Yoshi

Maining Ivy and playing Viola as secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Pat as main but looking for a new char. Viola seems fun :)

And as a reverse(lol), who is your worst match?

Canonically and literally, my worst match up is Astaroth. I also find Voldo and Siegfried difficult. I thought Xiba and Nightmare would be tough for me considering Maxi is short range but I find myself doing very well against them as long as I keep up my pressure and stay close to them.

*Now fully expects to be whooped by a Xiba or Nightmare sometime soon.*

Finally found a way around one of my most hated attacks!

You know that horizontal move Astaroth has where he can charge it up to be a guard break attack, hits mid and has very long range? I could never do anything to it because if I block I get my guard broken, if I run up to interrupt he lets go and hits and I can't duck it because it hits mid.

My solution: 2A+B. Even though it mightn't hit Asty because I might be too far away but it gets Maxi's full body on the ground to dodge it. Worked well!

http://8wayrun.com/threads/jul-22-2012-european-soulcalibur-v-online-tournament-xbox-360-lobby-stockholm-rome.13736/

Xbox 360 players! There is a big Online Tournament happening very soon(July 22nd) and many countries are competing and their respective players are representing their country.

So far there are no Irish representatives! If you're interested GO OUT THERE(from your living room) AND KICK SOME ASS. :D

Info about applying here: http://europeanscvotournament.skyrock.com/

If you're wondering why I don't apply, well, I don't have an Xbox. :(

I signed up, nice one.

Lol well apparently I've been selected for representing Ireland in this tournament?... I just received a message from a Gamertag called "EuropeanSCVOT".

Ok update; day of selection is 23rd of July so whoever else registers, I suppose we all play each other and then winner will rep Ireland in this online tournament so, register everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Lol well apparently I've been selected for representing Ireland in this tournament

Murder them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Good luck! o/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

EuropeanSCVOT is perfectly legit: http://europeanscvotournament.skyrock.com/

Already been invited to the selections on Monday. See ya there, lads!

PS. I main Raphael. Looking to pick up a secondary.

@Witch - haven't seen you online in ages, man, where ya been?

Good luck lads! May the best man win! :D

Good games to everyone last night in the tournament! I'm really surprised we managed to get 9 entries, I was expecting a lot less which is good.

Semi's and Grand Finals were really fun! Had some close matches with both Johnathan and Ugo.

I hope that the game doesn't start to die out soon as I want people to still play and get better as I do love the game.

Maybe we can have some offline casuals soon and try and get most of the SC players to come? I'll need some practice anyway for this online tournament! :D

@Mikenyan - I have been online just not been playing SC as much. I have shown up to a lot of the weekend casuals but none of the SC guys ever come. :(

Some great SoulCalibur was played last night. It was good to see so many folks playing at that level.

Congrats to Witch the Irish representative!

The tournament will be streamed as far as I know, will post the link when i find it.

While the tournament could have being organised better, it was good to see such a strong turn out, took me by surpise as well. GGs to everyone I played last night.

Sounds like it turned out good! Good luck to Witch in the rest of the tournament.

Here we go again! Another online tournament is being hosted by 8WAYRUN.com.

This one however, is a bit of a hassle to sign up for. You have to be free on several dates.

"Signups end: Thursday, August 2nd
    Winners round 1: Tuesday, August 6th
    Winners round 2/Losers round 1: Sunday, August 12th
    Winners round 3/Losers round 2: Friday, August 17th
    Winners round 4/Losers rounds 3 and 4: Thursday, 23rd
    Losers Semifinals, Finals & Grand Finals: Friday, August 31st, (or maybe on stream August 25th. No promises, but keep that day open anyway.)

As always, if you can forsee a problem playing your match one of those weeks, I encourage you to not sign up. Also, if you don't think you have it in you to see this through to the end, don't sign up either."

I can't say for sure that I can sign up myself yet, but I'm just letting the community know about the tournament. Good luck to whoever signs up!

• Advertisement

Just played my first match in the tournament. I lost 3 - 2 to the guy from Austria. I've come to realise I am so free to Yoshimitsu's low attacks. :P So now on to the next match!

Advertisement