Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoulCalibur V discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Yeah but no one's really talking about it :(

Sadly, we're used to that. Still no reason to completely ignore what has already been posted. Instead, why not get a discussion going yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Sadly, we're used to that. Still no reason to completely ignore what has already been posted. Instead, why not get a discussion going yourself?

I looked but missed it unfortunately.... I was looking for the avoiding the puddle link :o

And posting here IS my way of getting a discussion going! :pac:

Namco-Bandai's Comic-con panel is today, so as far as I'm concerned, there's no point in speculating. We'll know more about it in a matter of hours.

Namco Bandai Games Presents the Future of Fighting Games
    Ready? Fight! Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken series director for Namco Bandai Games Inc.) joins moderator Mark MarkMan Julio (global community and sponsorship manager at Mad Catz) to discuss Tekken Revolution, the first free-to-play fighting game experience for the PlayStation 3 system, tease plans for next year's 20th anniversary of Tekken, and delve into the future of fighting games.

Friday July 19, 2013 3:00pm - 4:00pm

So, the panel starts at 11pm our time. Until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

SC2 is getting a HD remake with online functionality :eek: and Heihachi is going to be in it.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/19/soulcalibur-2-hd-revealed-namco-bandais-san-diego-comic-con-panel/

• Advertisement

:o !!!

Have you got a link to the stream, man?

:o !!!

Have you got a link to the stream, man?

No I just saw the article on Eventhubs and SRK. I'm not even sure if there was a steam for the panel.

The SRK article has a pic of Mitsurugi though.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/19/soulcalibur-2-hd-online-announced-at-san-diego-comic-con-playstation-2-remake-with-tekkens-heihachi-arriving-this-fall/

Wow!

I am so incredibly happy about this.

Hey Witch, you know that garbage character I main? Well he's God-tier in SCII. Look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No Wii U port so no Link from the sounds of it.

Unfortunate.

He was the best guest character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I am so incredibly happy about this.

Hey Witch, you know that garbage character I main? Well he's God-tier in SCII. Look out.

Hehe, omg! SO happy that this is coming out! I never played SC2 competitively but its definitely one of my favourite SC games! :D

I actually prefer SC3. Chronicles of the sword was godlike.

Hype.

I actually prefer SC3. Chronicles of the sword was godlike.

SCIII is easily my favourite out of all of them, but I am NOT complaining!

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Hehe, omg! SO happy that this is coming out! I never played SC2 competitively but its definitely one of my favourite SC games! :D

You going to casuals tomorrow? I'm thinking about bringing my PS2 copy in to see if we can get it working on one of the PS3s.

I'm also going to see about getting an Xbox copy to practice with my stick at home, since it's backwards compatible as far as I know.

I guess I'll have to learn Taki now! :(

Oh was it SC 2 or 3 that was supposed to be the most balance in the series?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Getting so sick of these "HD" rereleases.

THE FUTURE OF FIGHTING GAMES: Gratuitous repackaging of old games for a quick buck, sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My cASSandra is gonna own.

Bring it, Fergie-Chan! There's no peace-sign to save you this time! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

#GiveCassAPeaceSign

• Advertisement

You playing my characters dawg? Sounds like we need a mirror match. :D

Getting so sick of these "HD" rereleases.

THE FUTURE OF FIGHTING GAMES: Gratuitous repackaging of old games for a quick buck, sounds about right.

cough cough MK9 - Injustice......

@Bento No I always use Natsu in SCV so I'll just go Taki now! Oh I'll bring it dawg.... money match! :cool:

Test you Well lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Oh was it SC 2 or 3 that was supposed to be the most balance in the series?
    It's 2. SC3 never even had playtesting!

However, Soulcalibur 2 does have a pretty annoying bug called '2G'.
    If I attack and the opponent guard impacts me, there's a 4 frame window where I can press Down+Guard (2G) to instantly recover into a block.

This means most of the cast have safe pokes that could also be safe if the opponent GIs em.

Sairus wrote: »

If I attack and the opponent guard impacts me, there's a 4 frame window where I can press Down+Guard (2G) to instantly recover into a block.

This means most of the cast have safe pokes that could also be safe if the opponent GIs em.

While I assume they won't be altering the game balance, at the very least they might be able to remove bugs and glitches like 2G.

Just found SCII for Xbox at CEX for 2.50! Gonna start relearning the game on stick in preparation for the bloodbath that's to come! :P

Sairus wrote: »

While I assume they won't be altering the game balance, at the very least they might be able to remove bugs and glitches like 2G.

Just found SCII for Xbox at CEX for 2.50! Gonna start relearning the game on stick in preparation for the bloodbath that's to come! :P

EDIT: Just playtested it on my 360 and it works perfectly! :D

Daishi Odashima has been replaced; Masaaki Hoshino is now the official series producer. Previously, he was a programmer on Soulcalibur II, lead programmer on Soulcalibur IV, and Technical Programming Director on Soulcalibur V.

His Twitter (@hoshino_calibur) is now the official Twitter for the Soulcalibur series, and he's been tweeting like a madman ever since the announcement.

The following has been confirmed:
    • It's being released digitally in the fall for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
    • It is based on the Playstation 2 version of the game, and will feature Heihachi Mishima from TEKKEN as the guest character (this is the natural choice for a cross-platform release, as he is the only one of the guest characters that is owned by Namco-Bandai).
    • Necrid will be playable, as he was in all three original versions.
    • All game modes from the original version, including Weapon Master, will be included.
    • In-game content is unlockable, as in the original.
    • As the name suggests, the game has been remastered in HD, and Online VS mode will be included.
    • PC and Wii U versions are still being 'considered', meaning that it may yet be possible for Link to make a return (but only the Wii U, obviously).
    Two significant differences that will have an impact on gameplay:
    1. Inferno will be playable
      Inferno uses a random character's style that changes every round, like Edgemaster or Charade. However, Inferno has access to a couple of unique moves that are usable with any style, like Elysium's Critical Edge in SCV.
    2. Inferno's stage will be selectable
      This is very significant, as it means that for the first time, an infinite stage will be selectable in SCII's VS Mode, with no walls or ring-outs (SCV is the only other game in the series to include this type of stage).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

lads would a seperate soul cal 2 thread not be more appropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

To be fair to the soul calibur lads, this was originally rumoured as a "Super SF4" update to SCV, so the discussion about it up to this point was natural to occur here. Now that an old HD remake is confirmed, I agree with Doom that talking about it here is a bit weird.

Unless anyone wants to object that SCV itself is dead from a discussion standpoint, this could be title-changed to the "General Soul Calibur discussion thread" and be allowed to rock on.

You're probably right. Would you be able to move all of the posts from #335 onwards across to a new thread? Or should I just start a new one and go from there?

EDIT: Or what Prinny said also works.

EDIT: Chopper's already gone and done it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997826

• Advertisement

Obligatory heads-up:

Soulcalibur V is currently 5 euro on Xbox Live Deal of the Week.

Advertisement