Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoulCalibur V discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Generally casuals take place in the XGC. It's an internet cafe on Liffey Street in Dublin.

People come down on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It's not necessarily Soul Calibur as people will be there to play most fighting games.

Generally someone post a thread like this : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056580770
    to let people know who's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

popzmaster wrote: »
    Where do these casuals take place like I'd love to come down and strut the stuff ya know?? Also im pretty indifferent towards the patch asty and mitsu not nerfed too badly at all. the reduced damage second hit of double discus could see me left wanting where I used to get K.O but thats all. Also any Irish players add me on xbox griff EIRE is my GT peace

What Orim said. Also, consider yourself added. If you want your GT to be available to any of the lads, go here and add it to the table:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I've played you griff EIRE, think I have you on my friends list (the k0ng). Would be great to see you at the casuals, you have a nice roth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

im having fantastic fun as Zwei. hes a great pressure charactee but gets wrecked when someones faster than him.
    His 4a is arguably his best move for when it summons ein as if ein hits it can combo into A+B. ive got his full meter and a throw combos down and ive got gurantee hit setups ready both with and without meter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

SCV director admits the game shipped with 1/4 of the originally planned plot elements.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/29/soul-calibur-5s-story-mode-was-14th-size-what-was-originally-planned/
    Does anyone know if this game was massively running up against a crunch time and had a bunch of stuff cut?

The fact that the story mode looks like mostly a slideshow of storyboard sketches with voiceover, AND the fact that there is zero character intro/outro in arcade mode seems kind of baffling.

Totally called it. :cool:

• Advertisement

Not sure how much more obvious it could've been. :P

Cepheus store is supposedly released today. Anyone had a chance to check it out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

This game is hysterical

watch?v=SDjzsFqlBX0

Viewer discreation is advised:pac:

Nutrient wrote: »
    This game is hysterical

watch?v=SDjzsFqlBX0

Mother of God...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nutrient wrote: »
    This game is hysterical

watch?v=SDjzsFqlBX0

DXPXQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Best video ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That Hilda mask is awesome. Is that standard?

...did I miss something?

http://8wayrun.com/threads/official-soulcalibur-v-1-03-patch-notes.12968/

Namco confirmed for bat **** retarded as **** tier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Just to let people know I picked up SC5 in Argos for 30 and SFxT for 25.

That's the best price I seen for them in bricks shop.

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    http://8wayrun.com/threads/official-soulcalibur-v-1-03-patch-notes.12968/

Namco confirmed for bat **** retarded as **** tier

That doesn't stop good ZWEI players from giving you a caning if they know what they're doing.

You just need to stop being ****, Auron. ^^

That doesn't stop good ZWEI players from giving you a caning if they know what they're doing.

My ZWEI is good. but then your friendly neighbourhood aeon comes along and BOOM

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Gl

My ZWEI is good. but then your friendly neighbourhood aeon comes along and BOOM

If you're struggling against Aeon - especially with all the zoning potential that ZWEI has to offer, you're doing something very, very wrong.

If you're struggling against Aeon - especially with all the zoning potential that ZWEI has to offer, you're doing something very, very wrong.

oh my dear god why the hell did i say aeon...i meant nightmare...the hell was i smoking to say aeon

I was at a friend's house who had SCV and we played for a good while and I found it really fun.

Might end up buying it in June and giving it a srs go

JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I was at a friend's house who had SCV and we played for a good while and I found it really fun.

Might end up buying it in June and giving it a srs go

JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL

Do not delude yourself, thou wretched fool. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Fergus_ wrote: »
    JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL

Why am I not surprised? :pac:

• Advertisement

Less go Pyrrha/Leixia/Xiba

Hey lads, is there enough interest in the game to try and get an SCV tourney going at this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056617799
    Or if not this week, at next month's Inferno?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hey lads, is there enough interest in the game to try and get an SCV tourney going at this?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056617799
    Or if not this week, at next month's Inferno?

Hey I don't run any tournaments; but generally the Inferno tournaments are for more established games: historically almost only Street Fighter 4, but more recently Marvel 3 due to it's loyal following. You are fairly unlikely to find support for a SCV tournament there.

The Day of Champions tournaments are probably the best proving ground to start having SC tournaments, as it generally caters to the non-SF games: Blazblue, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters and Marvel 3 (until it was promoted to a headline game). Mortal Kombat evolved from this into having its own great scene.

I think DOCs are on a temporary hiatus due to student exams, which gives the SC players plenty of time to drum up interest, commit equipment, and very nicely ask Voa and Goody2shoes if they'll consider having SC at their future events. You guys should also write up the rules/format/list of banned characters (if any).

Your third option is to run a solo event at the XGC.

tl;dr: Inferno isn't gonna happen, but you have other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Da Bounca wrote: »

Done, don't play it myself but it's about time ye lads had it at a tournament.

Auron fought a match against French top player Kayane the other night. Can't sit down for a week after the spanking she gave him.

Guys, if you bump into any top players online, upload the goddamned replays!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Auron fought a match against French top player Kayane the other night. Can't sit down for a week after the spanking she gave him.

Jaysis, I know she's a bigger deal in sc but I didn't know she was that big a deal- both dreddy and I have played her in person, and I've even had a wee chat with her. She thought I was an Italian for some reason. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

That reminds me, I've matches of me vs. Keev from about 2 months ago. I'll have to upload them! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All right people, there's a soul caliur tournament on soon.

Them continuing or not well depend on the attendance, so if you want to play some competitive SC- time to put up or shut up!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056683051

• Advertisement

FFFF. as much as i'd love to attend it's too far south for me and i'm also attending a birthday on that day. pity. i think i'll look into starting something up north here

Advertisement