Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eircom Throttling My Upload Speeds?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Eircom dont throttle your connection. Even if they did throttling the upload and throttling it at that time of night would make no sense at all. I would put it down to a glitch and run a few speed tests throughout the day. If it remains low, you will need to get on to tech support and troubleshoot (1890 260 260). If there is a problem it is most a modem issue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056264984

I made my main points here. Please get back to me.

Hi Im_EoinD

The post by Poisenedstream is correct, we do not throttle speeds. I Have replied to your query on twitter as you have linked this page there also. As i advised on twitter there may be a line issue and have sent this to our lines technician in your area to resolve this.
    I hope this resolves your issue. Will chase and should have information soon.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

nothrottleyayyyyy.png

Whatever you did. Thanks :D Able to live life on the internet again :D Thanks loads

nothrottleyayyyyy.png

Whatever you did. Thanks :D Able to live life on the internet again :D Thanks loads

Hi Im_EoinD
    tech still working on problem but good to hear some improvement. Let me know if any change.
    Tony

Hi Im_EoinD
    tech still working on problem but good to hear some improvement. Let me know if any change.
    Tony

Was there anything wrong ? Or are they still working on it ? Connection speeds are fine on the new router aswell as the old one.

• Advertisement

Was there anything wrong ? Or are they still working on it ? Connection speeds are fine on the new router aswell as the old one.

Hi Im_Eoin
    Well so far just testing, did send signal down line and checked exchange, still waiting on tech update, should be later today or tomorrow.
    Tony

I got a text just a second ago saying the issue has been resolved. Was there an issue that was found and fixed or was everything ok?

I got a text just a second ago saying the issue has been resolved. Was there an issue that was found and fixed or was everything ok?

Hi Im_Eoin
    On this last fault ticket, everything was found to be ok. Line test perfect.
    Tony

Advertisement