Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City: The Place to Live!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    I am looking upon it as an adventure but she seems to think otherwise. That if we sell up in Dublin now we would be mad as when things do turn around our house should rise rapidly. Keep telling her that may not happen for decades if ever.

Oh well. Will let you know how it goes

Yeah, work out the mortgage. Its probably equivalent (incl tax) of getting a pay rise of about €30-40k a year. That means a bigger house/ nicer holidays/ less stress, all round a nicer life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Come over to Oakridge in ferrybank. It will only be us and yourselves.

Just kidding, there are a good few houses lived in now and you can get a beautiful 5 bedroom for what we paid for our 3 bedroom (and we won't be bitter at all as long as you host all the barbecues etc) there's a great greenbelt in the middle of the estate thats great for fun in the sun. And sure aldi is right next door.

In a way though I hate advertising the houses cause the people that sold them to us are nothing but bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

But, to be honest we are also looking at Wexford. Both are an option at the moment

The educate together school in Waterford is supposed to be moving to Carrigpherish next year to join premises with the Gaelscoil. Is there anywhere within walking distance of there thats nice to live ??Or alternately a 10 minute drive??

I could probably have phrased that better but you know what i mean!

Thanks in advance folks and sorry for the late reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    But, to be honest we are also looking at Wexford. Both are an option at the moment

The educate together school in Waterford is supposed to be moving to Carrigpherish next year to join premises with the Gaelscoil. Is there anywhere within walking distance of there thats nice to live ??Or alternately a 10 minute drive??

I could probably have phrased that better but you know what i mean!

Thanks in advance folks and sorry for the late reply

Yeah there are a good few housing estates well within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pollyhops

Hey dubdubdub,
    Did you ever move to Waterford. We're considering the move two for many of the same reasons you are. Also have a kid so think it would be a good place for the little one to grow up..

• Advertisement
Advertisement