Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water -Cool or Air Cool

Options
  • 11-05-2011 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi Folks

just trying to decide should i stay with my stock fan cooler on my PC. i have the 990x running stable @ 4.2ghz max core temp is 66c under full stress,

what do you think would be a good cooler to reduce the temps and possibly over clock more.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Pics or GTFO.

Seriously, I'll believe that when I see it.

If - and that's a big freaking if - you're getting those sorts of temperatures, then you won't need water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

Serephucus wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO.

Seriously, I'll believe that when I see it.

If - and that's a big freaking if - you're getting those sorts of temperatures, then you won't need water.

hi mate

all core have never went over 66c . 67c when on full load. idles between 35c 40c,

i thought that was abit high.

thanks

I'm still calling bull. Load with what? How long was it running?

66° on a hexa-core is not hot at all. I have a feeling you're not stressing it properly, or you're only stressing it for an hour or two.

Picture, with HWMonitor and Prime95 after twenty-four hours, then I'll listen. :)

I'm still calling bull. Load with what? How long was it running?

66° on a hexa-core is not hot at all. I have a feeling you're not stressing it properly, or you're only stressing it for an hour or two.

Picture, with HWMonitor and Prime95 after twenty-four hours, then I'll listen. :)

hi there

i ran intel burn test, extreme,. for 12 hours, i also ran prime, and it didnt go over 67c on all core,, it evened at 66c .

What cooler do you currently have? From your pictures in PC thread, you're running some Intel thing.

• Advertisement

What cooler do you currently have? From your pictures in PC thread, you're running some Intel thing.

im just running the stock cooler mate, thats all.

Well, I can't find any reviews showing stock cooler temperatures, so I'll take your word for it. I forgot that Intel bundles their EE procs with heatpipe coolers.

66-67 is absolutely fine.

Well, I can't find any reviews showing stock cooler temperatures, so I'll take your word for it. I forgot that Intel bundles their EE procs with heatpipe coolers.

what temp do you think would be way to hot. or so i know what it shouldnt go over.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

The 990x comes with a fairly decent stock cooler by intel standards.

dsc2215.jpg

Advertisement