Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland V Three U.K

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Three U.K 30 Pounds PM = 2000 mins and 500 texts and all you can eat data

Three Ireland 40 Euros PM = 350 Units and all you can eat data.

These are smart phone plans!

Is that a rip off or what? :mad:

Isn it just me or could the same argument be made about o2 Ire vs o2 UK....Vodafone Ire vs Vodafone UK?

OP, why dont you start another thread about how SKY & UPC ripped off people for the Haye PPV fight at the wkend and analyze and rant about the currency difference there as well.............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

whiterebel wrote: »
    Don't all the UK operators such as o2 and VF offer way, way better deals than their Irish counterparts? I don't think this is restricted to just 3.

Or even the UK for that matter, the Deals on Vodafone here in NL and O2 in Germany suck.

The PrePay packages in Ireland are much much better in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 musicmaster

Hi Guys,

I am currently with o2 Prepay and have an iPhone 3gs. I was in the Three store yesterday and was told that there is a policy with three when a "young" person (I am 22) moves from prepay to billpay, they will probably ask me for €150 as a deposit because the iPhone 4 I am looking at is "a high risk phone". He said that if I pay my bill on time they'll give it back to me after 6 months. I asked him exactly what the criteria is for defining "young" and he said "there is none, its just because your a young person, you'll probably be asked for €150 on the spot..."
    Now this sounds borderline illegal and a bit discriminatory to me, not to mention a total rip off. Has anyone here heard of this ridiculous policy or is it just me? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Hi Guys,

I am currently with o2 Prepay and have an iPhone 3gs. I was in the Three store yesterday and was told that there is a policy with three when a "young" person (I am 22) moves from prepay to billpay, they will probably ask me for €150 as a deposit because the iPhone 4 I am looking at is "a high risk phone". He said that if I pay my bill on time they'll give it back to me after 6 months. I asked him exactly what the criteria is for defining "young" and he said "there is none, its just because your a young person, you'll probably be asked for €150 on the spot..."
    Now this sounds borderline illegal and a bit discriminatory to me, not to mention a total rip off. Has anyone here heard of this ridiculous policy or is it just me? Cheers

Neither illegal nor discriminatory and as you move on in life you see this a few times until you have a credit record built up and or own property.

ESB, Bord Gais, Eircom, Airtricity, Meteor, Vodafone etc etc will all ask for deposit as they are giving you a product on credit and will want to see you pay bills on time before they take a risk on you.

Same also happens in business when getting a new supplier or a new business - supplies are paid for in advance until a business history is built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I'd ignore 3 altogether to be honest. Particularly the one on Patrick Street in Cork city. There's this lanky blonde guy with buck teeth. Weasel of a guy who ripped me off something fierce. Though this was almost a year ago and I have no idea if he's still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 shagal

mad lad
    i bet your speeds are getting slower and slower since your last post about 18 months ago
    and still no 4g

shagal wrote: »
    mad lad
    i bet your speeds are getting slower and slower since your last post about 18 months ago
    and still no 4g

No 4G, no. Maybe the Summer or Autumn ?

Speeds average out around 2.5-3 meg and off peak around 12 mb/s

Just shows what happens when the networks over subscribe.

The same will probably happen with 4G, my guess is a 20 mb/s package will average out around 8-10 mb and a 40 mb/s at around 18-28 mb/s. What I mean by average out is that wireless speeds are very inconsistent, always up and down that if you get one of those bandwidth monitors it can show you your average over say, a 2 GB download. DSL speeds are consistent meaning I get 6.2 mb/s for the duration of my download.

The download limits are unlikely to change much. 3 offer 15gb on their all you can eat. That wouldn't last long on 20 mb+

I can only assume the 4G services will be over subscribed like everything else and this is where the regulator should step in and stop looking after the companies.

Advertisement