Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickering problems, exporting from Adobe Premier & uploading online

Options
  • 11-05-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

http://vimeo.com/23484637

Hi guys,

When I view this video on Adobe Premier Pro the flickering isn't very pronounced at all. But once I upload it, the flickering is very pronounced. The strobing is part of the video but I'd love to get rid of the flickering, if you catch my drift.

In order to get it online I have to compress it a bit further and use Windows Movie Maker to produce a smaller file. I've used this method before and never had any issues with bad compression and the video also looks fine on WMM.

Anyone with helpful suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

What version of Premiere are you using? And why use Windows Movie Maker? You can upload many formats to Vimeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I actually just can't tell which part of the video is flickering and which part is strobing, so I'm afraid I can't help you on that front.

If I were to take a wild, long shot of a guess, try exporting it as a progressive file with blended fields rather than an interlaced file (you might have done this already, I don't know.)

The video is only 5 minutes long, and you can upload up to 500MB onto vimeo in one go with a free account, so I don't see why you're putting it through movie maker. What are you exporting it from premier as that would have it as such a large file size?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blue5

Cheers I'll try exporting in Premier as a progressive file with blended fields, that could help.

I'm using Premier Pro and it always shoots out huge files that take ages to upload. I find if I export from Movie Maker I get a smaller and much more manageable file without too much degrading due to compression.

Thanks for that, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Again - tell me what version of Premiere are you using and I'll tell you the best format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

And what format are you exporting it as from Premier?

• Advertisement
Advertisement