Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Farm Hostel

• 11-05-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Has anybody stayed here before?

http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/index.asp

We are thinking of staying here for a few nights in the camper and would appreciate any feedback :).

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Had never heard of it but it looks very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

no never heard of it but i come form that general area, its in a good location a lot to see and do in down that way ,good price €16 per night with hook up and showers for 2 people (looks like we may be getting some where !)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Thanks guys.

Yeah, that's what we (myself and the missus) thought. Looks nice and good location, and we want to bring the kids to Newgrange which is close-by.

Will post a review if we go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Sent these people an e-mail requesting details on prices etc

basically €8 per adult per night.....no charge for kids

Sounds excellent value for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

We stayed there when we went to the Rolling Stones concert in 2006. Nice place and was very convenient for us for the concert. They usually just have a small area for camping but when we were there they opened up a large field at the back. Very friendly owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Thanks for the feedback guys, we have booked two nights for weekend before Slane gig. And yes, very good prices!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Knight before Leon

Don't forget to come down early on Friday night to see Rep Of Loose, Alabama 3, RipTide and Cold Comfort. Tickets only 22euro and buses will run from the campsites ;)

Hi all

Just to report that I stayed in Slane Farm Hostel for 2 nights last week. Very easy going location and kids had a ball (Jack the donkey was a big hit with them)
    Very friendly owners
    Price was €32 (including electricity) for the 2 nights......€8/adult/night. No charge for kids and no extra fees for showers etc.
    Slane Castle within 5mins walk of site......but a very busy road for walking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Malta1 wrote: »
    Hi all

Just to report that I stayed in Slane Farm Hostel for 2 nights last week. Very easy going location and kids had a ball (Jack the donkey was a big hit with them)
    Very friendly owners
    Price was €32 (including electricity) for the 2 nights......€8/adult/night. No charge for kids and no extra fees for showers etc.
    Slane Castle within 5mins walk of site......but a very busy road for walking

You mean they actually answered you when you rang the bell? Leeft me sitting like a plank for about twenty minutes before I just left.

You mean they actually answered you when you rang the bell? Leeft me sitting like a plank for about twenty minutes before I just left.

TBH I was met in the yard....never got near the bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

We stayed there on Monday night this week, I thought it was super. It's a working farm, and it's got loads of character. Seems there are walks up the back through the woods to a river but we did'nt try it. They have toilets + showers, and some picnic tables you can use. I think there is a kitchen you can use but we did'nt need it so did'nt check.

Top marks from me!

Merv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Yep, top marks from me too.Can't believe the times I've messed going to concerts and not knowing about this place.Very basic,clean and friendly,slide and swing for the kids.Its in a great location for local tourist stuff,New Grange,Tara etc

Advertisement