Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i post a photo?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Stupid question i know:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Post the link with
    [img]Put Your link Here[/img]

either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If the photo is on your computer and not on the internet somewhere you can attach it to your post. Click the circled picture below when writing a post and a window will open. click the browse button, find the image, select it and click upload.
    158428.jpg
    It'll appear as a link on the same page. right-click it and click Copy image location, then click close window

Then as Sykk says, put the [img] link here [/img] tag and put the link you just copied between the tags.

It's what I did to attach the picture to this post so click quote on my post to see what I did

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rockfish wrote: »
    Stupid question i know:o

If only we had a place for these kinds of questions...

Oh wait, we do.

Point 10 here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Ok thanks. And spear i have never seen that post in all my time here. Learn somehting new eevryday i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool Vids -> Newbies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can you tell me where to/how to upload a file to the internet so I can post the link on boards and it remains anonymous?

TIA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can you tell me where to/how to upload a file to the internet so I can post the link on boards and it remains anonymous?

TIA

You'll need to explain a bit more about what you're trying to do. Anything you post will still be under your username in most cases. And there's no such thing as guaranteed or complete anonymity on the internet.

And there's no such thing as guaranteed or complete anonymity on the internet.

Fair point.

I've no problem with my username being seen. I'm just looking for anonymity on boards.ie.

I just want to be able to give a link rather than post a pic direct from my computer. If I post it from my computer my computer name (in my case my real name) shows up so.....

Sometimes I see pics uploaded onto boards that when one clicks on to them they are linked straight the pic not even to another website such as flickr.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If it's just pictures that you want, use http://wthax.org and give people the link for the image in question.

If you are looking to upload files, you'll need to use a file hosting service like RapidShare, MegaUpload, FileSonic, etc.

If it's just pictures that you want, use http://wthax.org and give people the link for the image in question.

Have I got it right that this site turns ones pic into a weblink which one can copy and paste and therefore no personal information is seen? Thanks for all the help here

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have I got it right that this site turns ones pic into a weblink which one can copy and paste and therefore no personal information is seen? Thanks for all the help here

No, there is no personal information involved. You're confusing proper HTTP links with the local path on your PC.

You're confusing proper HTTP links with the local path on your PC.

I'll take your word for it :) (clueless in this dept!)

Advertisement