Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alywards pub???

• 11-05-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Quick qustion lads myself and a mate I work with where going through old pubs in the city and he reckons Alywards and the Beer and Bite where different pubs but I think they where the same place, so just wondering if any of ye remember? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They were 2 seperate pubs i think,The Arundel Inn was on the corner of Arundel Square and The Beer and Bite was just around the corner from that.
    But they were owned by the same person Johhny Alyward, he still owns the Wander Inn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Yep, two different places, back to back with one another with the same owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Was that where the city arms pub was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The new City Arms was opposite Alywards. Alywards was at this corner here, where Jessicas is in the pic and The Beer and Bite was around the corner from that opposite BPM.
    Not sure what the deal was but I think the owner got the new City Arms in return for shutting down and relocating while the shopping centre was being built.
    The old one was at the corner of City Square nearest all those restaurants are now, Mclearys and Emilianos etc.

Advertisement