Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GAA Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It was one of the fastest selling games in Ireland at one time, but also was the fastest returned game too. Because it was so bad.

I was sick of taking the bloody thing back after that christmas, it was the ps2 equivalent of Lee Carvalo's Putting Challenge :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I'd definitely support a downloadable game on the PSN for GAA Hurling.

Doesn't even have to be a big game, just a tournament and single match mode, select your county and off you go.

Plus, having a downloadable only version would cut the cost of making hard copies, making it more economic for the developers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Helix wrote: »
    no way was it the highest selling ps game ever in ireland btw

I read somewhere that it was one of the best selling games in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

It was...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Half a million copies?

There are approx. 4.5million people in Ireland. So thats in 1 in 9 people (not gamers, PEOPLE, as in, out of my parents and their friends, 1 in 9 would have to buy it) that would need to buy this game to get to your figures...

Also, just take FIFA/PES engine and tweak it? For an entirely different sport? And even if they did EA/Konami would sue the absolute **** out of them. The things you are saying are absolutely mental.

There is actually over 6 million people in ireland and over 80 million worldwide that claim irish ancestory.

Obviously we would'nt rob the engine EA/Konami would be doing it so,They would not be suing the *** out of us..Duh

Also, just take FIFA/PES engine and tweak it? For an entirely different sport?

Yes thats the plan..thats how the first game was created

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Prop Joe wrote: »
    There is actually over 6 million people in ireland and over 80 million worldwide that claim irish ancestory.

Obviously we would'nt rob the engine EA/Konami would be doing it so,They would not be suing the *** out of us..Duh

Also, just take FIFA/PES engine and tweak it? For an entirely different sport?

Yes thats the plan..thats how the first game was created

How many of those 80 million even know about GAA or take any intrest in it and would even buy a game of it?

The first game was created using an AFL engine and the results were dire theres simply not a big enough market for developers/publishers to make a new game Rugby has a tough enough time getting games released when it is vastly more popular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

My understanding was that the GAA game was built using the same assets for an AFL game. Since there is a AFL game on the xbox is there any reason this couldn't happen again.

Personally I thought the original was a pile of dog poo but the second version was much improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it was one of the best selling games in ireland.

at the time im sure it was, in terms of one of the biggest for the intial months of sale or whatever, but theres absolutely no chance its up there in the all time lists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The first one came out without and reviews, screenshots, or videos. It was also 150mb in size on the PS2 DVD.

Gamers are far more informed than they used to be, so there's no way anyone would buy it on a whim like that these days. It's a bad idea, it would lose more money than it would make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

I remember playing the original GAA game right after a session of PES. It felt like playing underwater football. Five minutes was enough. They could have ported that game to the N64 no problem.

Never bothered playing the sequel. Looking at some of the videos posted in this thread the graphics don't look bad at all but I know the novelty would wear off very quickly.

Can't see another Gaelic game being released given how much it costs to make a decent current-gen game. Or even not-so-decent :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement