Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting numbers from UPC to Eircom -- UAN problem number?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

After a disastrous experience with UPC phones & broadband (business) I've got to move back to Eircom.

-Eircom tell me they need my UAN number to port numbers back.
    -UPC tell me they don't have UAN numbers cos they aren't part of the eircom system.

So I'm stuck in the middle...can anyone give me advice on what to do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Do you have an old eircom bill or any paperwork that might contain the UAN for that number?

The UAN number won't have changed.

Failing that, contact ComReg. There's supposed to be portability both ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Yes I have plenty of old eircom bills cos I only moved to UPC 6 months ago so they are to hand. Thanks for that, I can move forward now except that I'm still within my minimum term with UPC so they'll have to allow the numbers be ported over, anyhow there have been formal complaints documenting problems and one lodged with comreg so I'm hopeful that we can "split-up" amicably.

Thanks again.

Advertisement