Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadly-Deals.com - anyone heard of this site/used it?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Just got an email off info@dublinmail.net directing me to http://www.deadly-deals.com/

To be honest it all seems really dodgy, I have no idea how they got my email address, the site itself offers little information nor is there much information to be found from a quick google search. Is this a scam?

I'm tempted to go down to the Brewbaker and ask them do they know anything about this supposed deal myself, but has anyone on here heard anything about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The domain was only registered last week with absolutely no contact information entered.
    I would say avoid.

The South Fredrick Street spelling is a bit worrying too.

They may be legit, but they need someone at least literate to spell-check their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Yeah I figured it was safer to stay away, but I thought I may as well get the word out so hopefully nobody else gets caught out. Lord knows we love our cheep full Irish breakfasts though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Maybe somebody should ring brewbakers and ask..the boss's name is Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I wouldn't touch it with your e-wallet. A site that doesn't include a snailmail address or phone number. Where do you go to or who do you contact if you have an issue with this 'deal'? And from a last look at the Brewbaker deal page they'd 'sold' over 1,850 breakfast deals. So that's Brewbakers down by €7,955 on this deal? - yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

It has been at that exact count since I first viewed the site at about 12 pm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Just rang brewbakers and as far as the owner is concerned its a legitimate deal,although he says he hasnt gotten any money from them yet.

The guys set the offer up yesterday and told him they were only launching the site this week...i pointed out the fact that it looks a bit dodgy and he has a number for the owners of the site and said he'd ring them up to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I also got the spam, sent it straight to the spam folder in gmail.

Advertisement