Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro Stage 5 race thread

• 11-05-2011 12:21pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

So after a sombre couple of days, it's back to racing in Italy today, with a 191km stage from Piombino to Orvieto

David Millar wears the pink jersey going into this one

Please note - no spoiler tags required in this thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

I watched this stage last year and it really made me a giro fan, i preferred it much more than the tour. i think it was vinikourov and evans, among others .. niballi and basso ? , absolutely in pain climbing on the dirt roads, brilliant stuff, i wouldn't be a vini fan but his face was testament to the effort being put in.... lookin forward to it on eurosport ... dirt roads about 40km before end according to gazzetta:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

This stage was epic last year. Don't expect the same fireworks again. The win by Evans was brilliant. Rarely saw Vino in such pain. The rider I most felt sorry for that day was Nibali having to support Basso. He could have won the Giro last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    This stage was epic last year. Don't expect the same fireworks again. The win by Evans was brilliant. Rarely saw Vino in such pain. The rider I most felt sorry for that day was Nibali having to support Basso. He could have won the Giro last year.

saw a picture of that stage on here recently and you can see the tears in vino's eyes. a graphic reminder of how hard these guys are pushing themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

SNIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

ooops :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Ouch.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Threads merged.

And last warning. Don't post spoilers in the first post of a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Opps, didnt see the other thread, forgot about the first post rule. sorry about that...

Thats my late lunch done, back to the grind stone. its shaping up to be an interesting stage though, looking forward to seeing the finish later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DrGroove

Anyone know of any live stream of this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

GetWithIt wrote: »

It's a literal translation of the Italian "Strada Bianchi", which are sections of graveled, dusty road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

bettiniphoto_0034858_1_full.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

DrGroove wrote: »

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/1943

this is your freind, they post up streams of every stage as they are available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

DrGroove wrote: »

http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/6/20/v-262001.html

in Italian, for the vibe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pedaling squares lol

great finish

hope tom slagters injuries arent serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

What happened with Millar today?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

furiousox wrote: »
    What happened with Millar today?

He rode into Angel Vicioso in an intermediate sprint then knackered himself out chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

he had an eventful day. crashed going for an intermediate sprint. got back on bike and was back in the peleton with a bit of road rash. then he got dropped on one of the early climbs but did really well to chase back to the peleton. he had nothing left in the tank though for the last 3k which had a savage gradient in parts. got blown straight out the back and finished 3 mins back.
    great stage. lone rider out front for nearly the whole day. very ballsy ride

Advertisement