Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Sub Let

Options
  • 11-05-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate some opinions on the following:

Have found a one bedroom apartment and have agreed to take over the lease on the 1st of July. Won't be ready to move in until the 1st week of August for various reasons.
    A friend of a friend is coming over from Italy for 6 weeks and he said they might sublet the place from me for the month of July which would suit me perfectly as I'd prefer that the place wasn't sitting empty.
    Is this something I would need to notify the landlord of before hand or is it nobodies business except mine? They wouldn't be officially renting it from me and I wouldn't be charging them the full rent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Depends on your lease, generally sub-letting is not allowed.

If it were me, i'd say nothing. It will probably be off-putting to the landlord. He's agreed to rent you the apartment not your friend who he's never met.

What they don't know wont hurt!

Advertisement