Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sumac ...its changed my life!

Options
  • 11-05-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey ,

Just had to share how great Sumac spice is...I searched for it for ages and finally ound it a month ago...now I have it on everything....

Great on grilled meat or fish.....just adds extra taste!!!

Rant over :)

Comments

Where did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

You can get it in any Indian or Middle Eastern shop. Its in a big see-through bag. Big 200g bag about 1.50

I have seen it in Tesco Cork also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

there is a lovely arabic salad called fetush that you make with sumac...

iceberg lettuce, super super ripe tomatoes, cucumber and red onion - diced.

cut up pitta breads into squares, pop under the grill until nice and crispy.

dress with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and a really good sprinkle or sumac.... tasty good!!

I also love it on chicken thighs with nigella seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was just looking at a recipe in my new book earlier and it had Sumac listed. Wondering what it was, I'll definitely need to pick some up at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chopsocky

If you have trouble getting Sumac - the same effect can be garnered from dried lemon zest.

I'm able to get it in Tesco though and have been since it popped up on a Jamie Oliver about a year ago - shows you how much influence that lad has.

In all honesty - I don't rate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

chopsocky wrote: »
    If you have trouble getting Sumac - the same effect can be garnered from dried lemon zest.

I'm able to get it in Tesco though and have been since it popped up on a Jamie Oliver about a year ago - shows you how much influence that lad has.

In all honesty - I don't rate it.

Didnt know Jamie Oliver had used it....im not the biggest fan.

I got into it when visited the MiddleEast...

By the way that fattoush salad is awesome..have to be freshest and ripest ingredients....and a few baklava style treats after went down well

Advertisement