Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographers Facebook Support

• 11-05-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

So I noticed the you like me I like you thread over on the business forums. Basically people liking on one anothers facebook pages. Does this seem like an idea we can promote here for photographers directly? We all post work for C+C anyway so would it be ok with mods to do this to?

Just a thought!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Sounds a bit too much like bloggy back-scratching for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Yeah in a way I guess maybe it is. But in another way, I've added around 4 photographers in ireland this morning. I only saw that my friend liked on one and from there I added a few of his fans if you want, and it's mad but I've seen some inspiring work straight away, it's given me some ideas right off the bat. I always find facebook as an interface instead of a blog or independent site feels much more familiar and not as daunting to be arsed trying to find your way around. So you tend to look through everything? You get me?

If it's not cool then sure we'll leave it, but I'd sooner do it for photographers so I'd actually visit their pages instead of just local businesses trying to sell cakes and stuff!

Oh one more thing, is it against the rules to post a link to your own website here?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

People put them in their sig. Along with their facebook links. We dont really "do" campaigns here.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Yeah in a way I guess maybe it is. But in another way, I've added around 4 photographers in ireland this morning. I only saw that my friend liked on one and from there I added a few of his fans if you want, and it's mad but I've seen some inspiring work straight away, it's given me some ideas right off the bat. I always find facebook as an interface instead of a blog or independent site feels much more familiar and not as daunting to be arsed trying to find your way around. So you tend to look through everything? You get me?

If it's not cool then sure we'll leave it, but I'd sooner do it for photographers so I'd actually visit their pages instead of just local businesses trying to sell cakes and stuff!

That sound a bit better tbh - from your original post it sounded more like pro photographers liking eachother's business pages to drive up business/exposure.

If you're just checkin out other photographers then I don't see any difference with pix.ie and flickr - except for the obvious problem of facebooks image functions being absolute fooking sh1te.

And many people here have their websites in their sig so I don't see why you couldn't link your own.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

All my links are in my Sig if you wanted to "like" them :)
    I might even like you back!! :>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

From reading all the above i'm still not following if we should or shouldn't link our pages. So I'll take a stab at it and see what happens :confused:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Morelli-Photographer/223810920965752

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Promac wrote: »
    That sound a bit better tbh - from your original post it sounded more like pro photographers liking eachother's business pages to drive up business/exposure.

and what would be wrong with that? Shame people who would help each other out in tough times.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The reason i suggest your sig is because then its attached to all your posts, past, present and future, without actually being a thread as such. people can then "like" them as they see fit. Surely this is better than a single thread which is soon forgotten?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just get involved in the community here, and instinctively, people will like your work over time :)

I don't like someone's photos because they have 1,000,000 likes or 1 billion fans!

• Advertisement

All very good points. I've thrown it into my signature anyway so hopefully it's visible and get's some notice. Bit barren of content right now but sure you'll have that! I prefer my portfolio site but people can comment on facebook and what have you. Thanks for the feedback anyway!

Advertisement