Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kick timer?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Seriously? How does this work? I always have a 2h hour wait time for kicks yet i've been removed from a dungeon 2/3 times before within the first 10 minutes.

Heres todays story. I joined a dungeon, spilt tea on my desk, got a towel cleaned it up and said sorry to the group. I was tanking the run, so we went to the first mob and I reased that i was in the wrong feral spec. i 'lolled' and changed spec, then was removed from the group.

Other times I have been removed it was because I wasnt gemmed on the latested runs. Not having gems on a random dungeon CMON!

The people that have kicked me from dungeons have obviously been the more irrational minded player who initiate kicks almost every game. Yet 1/2 times a week I go to do it I have a 2 hour wait? Whats the story? Its useless!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

I've never heard of a two hour wait time for being able to votekick someone. The cooldown period is determined on the amount of times you have either started a votekick on someone or agreed to kick someone in a group. So it seems you tend to do that a lot :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

And, yeh, gemming your gear properly is a pretty big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Some people want quick runs and cba to take a couple of hours on a run. If short on gear or gems might be best to try and guildies to help maybe as a number of players don't have the patience. Some will kick, others will leave. Can't blame them with amount of people joinin as Tank/Healer if their main spec is dps like. If not gemmed or enchanted this is what ur gonna look like. Have joined groups before and one person left, another member that was tank or healer reques as DPS even though that makes us 4 DPS. Aint Wotlk where can blast through as 4/5 dps.

Others might be more lenient if your doin grand and are capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Thats hillarious, not being gemmed for dpsing a heroic. The day i wrote this i was kicked I was gemmed, it was because i delayed the group for a minute while i got a towel and changed spec.
    tom_ass19 wrote: »
    I've never heard of a two hour wait time for being able to votekick someone. The cooldown period is determined on the amount of times you have either started a votekick on someone or agreed to kick someone in a group. So it seems you tend to do that a lot :/

yep thats what i read too, but i dont vote kick and i've probably voted no more than i've voted yes.
    And, yeh, gemming your gear properly is a pretty big deal.

Nah, i dont think so. I match others DPS and i have a brain. That makes for a more enjoyable game to me than playing with someone because they have a feckin gem! Ill spend the money on gems when i get some good gear, untill then ill go without.

Berns wrote: »
    Some people want quick runs and cba to take a couple of hours on a run. If short on gear or gems might be best to try and guildies to help maybe as a number of players don't have the patience. Some will kick, others will leave. Can't blame them with amount of people joinin as Tank/Healer if their main spec is dps like. If not gemmed or enchanted this is what ur gonna look like. Have joined groups before and one person left, another member that was tank or healer reques as DPS even though that makes us 4 DPS. Aint Wotlk where can blast through as 4/5 dps.

Others might be more lenient if your doin grand and are capable.

I am very capable. All i do is heal/tank in runs. Infact all i do really atm is level characters by healing/tanking. If i join as a role i stick to it.

We are completely going off topic here tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What you need to remember is that most players that play seriously or are any use are pretty much finished raiding and working on heroics.

So if I was going into a dungeon and saw someone with no gems I'd be like " ugh oh"

Granted I wouldnt kick them, it still adds to that slack mentality.

With gems and appropriate enchants you can increase your efficeny at your role.

Not doing that is, inadvertingly putting more pressure on the rest of the group and in a sense " being carried".

Gems are very chepa nowadays, we are talking less then 50g for a red int gem. I dont think there is a valid excuse these days not to be gemmed but thats my opinion.

And the 2 hour timer is valid afaik when you go into a dungeon with a premade set of players.

If five join randomly your kick timer is like 10 mins
    If you join with 3 others premade your timer is 2 hours as far as I know.

Also if you spilt tea and maybe perhaps were afk, you can be kicked immediatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Raging bear! :D

Nah but serious im a frequent healer for red ice and tbh hes grand to heal. I always like healing bears as shaman, and i find when i playing cata heroics its obeying the mechanics that gets you through, gear isnt THAT important. Sure the extra gemming is nice, but no point in gemming something your gonna replace very soon.

And i too get the 2hr bull**** and i hardly ever initiate, only would if someone was srsly slacking.

And tbh, its usually the dps i get pissed off with, The amount of people i come across that just stand in fire pools, under rock spikes/boulders, big cast aoe's all the while doing absolute muck dps etc on boss fights is horrendous. It makes you expell so much mana, and then some of them when they melt in the lava have the cheek to comment on my healing? Kick! oh no 2hr wait time (every time) !

I always try and improve the situation first by giving feedback on what needs to be done if people arent sure etc, but the amount of aggro i get back, or how little it helps is crazy!

I had a run last night where the tank wasn't very well geared, dps was decent, we wiped on every first attempt, i told them the mechanics, we then killed the boss each time after that and i had the craic with them for the whole instance. Good time!

Where as when i usually exercise the same method on other groups i mostly get, FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*You have been removed from group*

AAAAAHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

TheDoc wrote: »
    And the 2 hour timer is valid afaik when you go into a dungeon with a premade set of players.

If five join randomly your kick timer is like 10 mins
    If you join with 3 others premade your timer is 2 hours as far as I know.

Also if you spilt tea and maybe perhaps were afk, you can be kicked immediatly.

hah, nah we spawned in the dungeon at the start and i was sipping my tea and types "/p hai!" with one hand, as i was putting it down i hit the cup off my keyboard. Got a towl and wiped up it took litterally 30 seconds!

That makes allot of sense. I have been able to kick people before, but 90% of the time i do a run its with earp or nix.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah im pretty sure if your all randoms you can kick erly, if you have some mates in group your put to two hours on timer, basically to stop people ganging up

Advertisement