Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree removal

Options
  • 11-05-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I have some big trees that need removing as they are starting to lose branches in high winds. Can anyone recommend someone who does this kind of work at a reasonable price? I'm based in North Co Dublin, the trees are evergreen and there's about six that I'd like to get cut down and taken away. They're about 30 metres high, I'd guess, taller than the house, anyway. I have one price already, but I don't know if it's good bad or indifferent, just looking for others to compare it too.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd expect to pay at least €500 per tree, probably a lot more, given their height - 30m tall is a *very* big tree; are you sure about that? 30m would be more than twice the height of your average two storey house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

OK, well, maybe they're closer to 20 metres, then, but they're a good bit taller than the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Well I'll throw in my tuppence worth :rolleyes:

Ensure you get a professional with insurance in... Felling trees of this bulk isn't for amatures, accidents can and do happen, god forbid you don't want to be liable for the bill..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If I were you I'd be cutting (excuse the pun) a deal for the value of the logs, can you stack and keep them or will he give you a reduction if you let him take them for sale - logs are a fiver a bag y'know !

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

As was already mentioned, if you a getting someone in to do the job check they have up to date and appropriate insurance. Call their insurance company to confirm.
    Also check that they have proper qualifications and ask for references.

PM sent with a few suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

@Git101 I'd be grateful if you could send me on your recommendations. Looking for a tall silver birch to be taken down, and 3 fir trees to be topped

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

pepperds wrote: »
    @Git101 I'd be grateful if you could send me on your recommendations. Looking for a tall silver birch to be taken down, and 3 fir trees to be topped

PM sent.

I've recommended some companies that I know do quality work but nevertheless make sure to check out their insurance etc.

Just to be clear, I've no connection to these companies.

Advertisement