Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan Control

Options
  • 11-05-2011 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

So I need a decent fan controller and I'm hoping you guys have a good idea of the kind I need.
    So my PC has 3 fans. One in the back, front and a larger one on the side. All of which basically connects with something like this (molex 4 pin).
    So they're directly connecting to the PSU hence they stay at 100% giving me no control. Gets pretty loud.
    I'm hoping there's a fan controller that can help me sort this out.
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

You can take a look and see if your mainboard has a system fan control onboard. But you need to make sure that it has 4 pins. Only 4 pin can read the fan speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Static Jak

Ironbar wrote: »
    You can take a look and see if your mainboard has a system fan control onboard. But you need to make sure that it has 4 pins. Only 4 pin can read the fan speed.
    I really doubt my motherboard has anywhere for a molex to plug in let alone 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Do the fans only have molex connections ?

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Do the fans only have molex connections ?
    Yup. Just like the one I linked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I have a fan controller that I'm not really using. I got it from adverts for €10 a few months ago and haven't used it since, I could it let go for the same. The only problem is it takes 3/4pin connectors not molex. I might have one converter somewhere but I don't think I have three.

What case do you have out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Static Jak wrote: »
    Yup. Just like the one I linked.

Then you need to buy some molex to 3 pin converters, should only be 1 or 2 euro, you could find them in PC World if you dont want to wait on them from a web shop

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Then you need to buy some molex to 3 pin converters, should only be 1 or 2 euro, you could find them in PC World if you dont want to wait on them from a web shop
    Perfect.

I'll look for it in PC World during the weekend.

One other thing. I'm getting my GTX 560 in a few days. My PSU has 2 places for 6 Pin PCI-E Power Cables (another two for 8 pin aswell) that I should be able to just connect straight to the card. Except I don't have the two cables. Any ideas where I could find 2?

Advertisement