Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TENNENT'S VITAL 2011

Options
  • 11-05-2011 2:05pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After much speculation and fervent pleading from music fans and commentators alike, Tennent’s Lager today confirmed that, as part of a major deal with promoters MCD, Tennent's Vital will be back this August 23rd and 24th. The good news doesn't end there, Northern Ireland's favourite festival is also confirmed for 2012 and 2013.

The two day music spectacular will take place in Ward Park, Bangor, the venue which was put on the international music map by Snow Patrol when they played Northern Ireland’s biggest ever outdoor music show there last summer.
    The last Tennent's Vital in 2007 drew a combined audience of over 45,000 across two days to see headline acts The Killers, Kasabian, Razorlight and Manic Street Preachers, perform in what has since been cherished as one of the most celebrated music events ever held in Northern Ireland. Over the years, Tennent's Vital fans have been treated to performances from Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, White Stripes, Faithless, Scissor Sisters, Kaiser Chiefs and New York Dolls. The standard has been set high but this year's line-up, which will be announced later this month, is guaranteed to surpass it.

Announcing the three year music investment, Aisling Duffy, Head of Marketing with Tennent’s NI, said:

"It really is a case of 'back by popular demand'. Over 3000 fans joined facebook campaigns to bring Tennent’s Vital back and we received that message loud and clear. However, we felt it was important to hold off until we could deliver the level and mix of headline bands and incredible supporting acts that made Tennent's Vital such a great festival experience.
    Tennent’s has a hard earned reputation for associating itself with innovation and excellence in live music. We know the fans will not only be delighted to have Tennent’s Vital back for a guaranteed three year run; they'll also be blown away by the line-up."

The details of that line up are being kept under wraps until May 25th but fans who visit www.facebook.com/tennentsvital will be first in line to hear about news and competitions. They’ll also be able to apply to win tickets to an exclusive Tennent’s Vital launch party. From May 26th – the day after official launch – they'll be eligible for a 'facebook fan' ticket pre-sale, accessing tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

Aisling Duffy says, “Tennent’s has a rich heritage in music here in Northern Ireland and in Scotland where T In The Park is now in its 18th year. Northern Ireland wants and deserves its own major festival and we believe that, working in close partnership with MCD, we’re the team to deliver. This is going to be live music at its best and we’re just as excited about Tennent’s Vital 2011 as any fan out there!"

Welcoming news that Tennent’s is committing to three years' of major music Festivals in Northern Ireland, Joy Bond, Events Manager with the Northern Ireland Tourist Board, said, "This is fantastic news for Northern Ireland. The scale, quality and, indeed, the reputation, of Tennent’s Vital will attract audiences from right across these islands and beyond. It is a superb boost for all of us with an interest in promoting Northern Ireland as a visitor destination and will reinforce our image as a European centre for contemporary live music.

"Tennent’s is to be commended for the confidence it has shown in making such a substantial three year investment in our cultural infrastructure."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this a camping festival with multiple stages? Its about time Northern Ireland had a music and camping festival that could equal the Republics Oxe and EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Is this a camping festival with multiple stages? Its about time Northern Ireland had a music and camping festival that could equal the Republics Oxe and EP.

No mention of camping so I would assume this is just 2 seperate days, much like they're had in the past.

My prediction for the headliners is The Strokes and Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I can see the Offspring making an appearence anyway.

Mushy wrote: »
    I can see the Offspring making an appearence anyway.
    Don't get my hopes up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Shando316 wrote: »
    No mention of camping so I would assume this is just 2 seperate days, much like they're had in the past.

My prediction for the headliners is The Strokes and Muse.

Muse is an exclusive to Reading/Leeds afaik, I'd say Eminem and The Strokes would be good shouts, maybe even Rihanna?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How about Strokes and Offspring :D

How about Strokes and Offspring :D

I....have....no....holidays....from....work:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Strange that this would return with Belsonic running at the same time... I figure this one will cater for the bigger acts.

Any announcement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Mushy wrote: »
    Any announcement yet?
    First headliner revealed tonight at 8

• Advertisement

I heard that Eminem was confirmed in a local paper recently with Pulp under him and Arcade Fire/Strokes the 2nd day. Suppose we will find out in 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennents_ViTal

Look at the speculated line up for this year

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennents_ViTal

Look at the speculated line up for this year

What? Only Eminem was announced so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Whats the story with presales, is it through Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Whats the story with presales, is it through Facebook?

Well you have to join the page but all it tells you is the password is 'recovery'.

Strong rumours that Mumford and Sons and Muse to be confirmed soon, definitely going if those two are added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JumpRope7

What's the story with this? I immediately bought tickets as soon as eminem was announced; the 70 quid was reasonable for one of the greatest artists alive on his own in my book but will my ticket get me in both days?? If so, that is unbe-****ing-lievable value!

More artists for 24th August coming your way on Monday... enjoy the weekend!

JumpRope7 wrote: »
    What's the story with this? I immediately bought tickets as soon as eminem was announced; the 70 quid was reasonable for one of the greatest artists alive on his own in my book but will my ticket get me in both days?? If so, that is unbe-****ing-lievable value!

No, separate tickets for each day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

does anyone have any idea how someone would get to this from galway? :)

does anyone have any idea how someone would get to this from galway? :)

Bus to Belfast (not sure if they go direct or via Dublin) then it's a 15min train or bus from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

This has the potential to be unreal. Hope to God Muse are announced Monday..will actually make my summer

JumpRope7 wrote: »
    70 quid? what are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JumpRope7

Shando316 wrote: »
    70 quid? what are you on about?

Sorry, thought the euro was A LOT weaker than it actually is. 60 odd euro for a full day festival which includes Eminem.. Certainly can't beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Does anyone know why o why this is on during the week?

More acts being announced tomorrow

It's always been on a Tuesday and Wednesday, Europe's biggest midweek festival was always on their promo stuff. Presumably done so they can get artists from Reading & V Festival to play.

Kaiser Chiefs, Jimmy Eat World, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All (OFWGKTA) and D12 added this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,662 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Tennents Vital festival which will be held in Ward Park, Bangor have today announced the rap icon, Eminem to play his 1st ever gig in Northern Ireland.
    86 million album sales, the global superstar will play the second day of the festival on Wednesday 24th August. There will be a full supporting bill which will be announced soon but they just had to get this news out now. With five #1 albums and seven chart topping singles and 13 grammys and having also played Oxegen only recently but never having visited the north of this beautiful country history will be set right come August.
    Tickets for Tennent’s Vital with Eminem, 24th August, will go on general sale from 9am Friday 3rd June. Tickets are priced at £49.50 incl booking fee and are strictly limited to 8 per person/transaction.Fans of Tennent’s Vital on Facebook can get exclusive priority access to the Tennent’s Vital pre-sale from tomorrow, May 26th.

Advertisement