Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TENNENT'S VITAL 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oneywu

How can you get a ticket? I presume that when they are made available on the website they will sell out quickly, is it just who manages to click on them first or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Oneywu wrote: »
    How can you get a ticket? I presume that when they are made available on the website they will sell out quickly, is it just who manages to click on them first or what?

Link to Ticketmaster page

Thanks man, I knew the website but didn't know about the presale tickets...I got mine any way last night so its all good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Is it me or does anyone find the lineup unusually random? One stage festivals like this generally keep acts in a similar vein and the main acts at this (Eminem, Kaiser Chiefs, Jimmy Eat World) are poles apart from each other.

Not that it's bad or anything, though I would skip Kaiser Chiefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

can i just make sure that this ticket is actually for the whole day? it says eminem ticket it doesnt say any other act on the website?... i assume its for the whole day though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

can i just make sure that this ticket is actually for the whole day? it says eminem ticket it doesnt say any other act on the website?... i assume its for the whole day though?

Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 danny1796

i heard that Kasabian and Kings of Leon are gonna be there too now? apparently that was in the local papers. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

45 minutes. 40,000 tickets. All gone - Eminem’s Tennent’s Vital gig at Ward Park has sold out.

http://www.facebook.com/officialcoolfm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saddened

Berns wrote: »
    45 minutes. 40,000 tickets. All gone - Eminem’s Tennent’s Vital gig at Ward Park has sold out.

http://www.facebook.com/officialcoolfm

Yeh I know. I had access to the pre-sale, but very unfortunate for me as I need to be on the disability platform. The phone number given for this on Ticketmaster did not work, didn't ring or give an engaged tone, just nothing. I had no choice but to wait for this morning, but still no luck.
    Life becomes a lot more complicated and harder when you have/get a disability that being treated worse because of it, is so wrong on many levels.
    Live music-less for me it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Anyone have any idea when the next headliners will be announced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

nommm wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when the next headliners will be announced?

Late this week

Late this week

Can i ask how do you know that? Did they announce that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can i ask how do you know that? Did they announce that?

Yeah, mcd.ie

"The line-up for August 23rd at Tennent’s Vital will be announced late next week amidst lots of speculation from music lovers" :)

Edit That being posted last Friday, So this week hopefully.

Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get up there from Dublin would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Oneywu wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get up there from Dublin would be?

Dublin to Belfast bus is E20 or so and 24 hour, returning on the hour, then get either the train to Bangor or a bus and it's opposite the station.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Headliner for Day 1 revealed tomorrow - find out first on facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

danny1796 wrote: »
    i heard that Kasabian and Kings of Leon are gonna be there too now? apparently that was in the local papers. Anyone know?

Aww no, not the bloody Kings of Le-yawn. What next? The Denver Broncos?

What about the Foo's? could they be in with a shot

What about the Foo's? could they be in with a shot

no they're in Germany >:(

"Arctic Monkeys have confirmed on their website they will be playing on the 1st day of Tennents Vital" was shown on the Vital's Wikipedia page and it looked fairly official but it's now been taken down.
    I got my hopes up...
    :/

• Advertisement

"Arctic Monkeys have confirmed on their website they will be playing on the 1st day of Tennents Vital" was shown on the Vital's Wikipedia page and it looked fairly official but it's now been taken down.
    I got my hopes up...
    :/

Ugh what a let down

I hate to have to say this...but it seems that it's The Script and Two Door Cinema Club that are going to be headlining the first night - the 23rd.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=1258325&ar=thescript

That is a ****ing let down...They've ruined NI's chance at getting back into the music festival map. Total joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

I hate to have to say this...but it seems that it's The Script and Two Door Cinema Club that are going to be headlining the first night - the 23rd.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=1258325&ar=thescript

That is a ****ing let down...They've ruined NI's chance at getting back into the music festival map. Total joke..

Two Door Cinema Club are a bag of ****e.

Words fail me for the other clowns.

Thats one festival i shall be glad to miss :D

ELLIE GOULDING & THE WOMBATS JOIN THE SCRIPT & TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB AT TENNENT’S VITAL

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lol....just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm going purely for eminem tbh..

MarkD09 wrote: »
    I'm going purely for eminem tbh..

ah now have ya seen odd future live?!

Nope :pac:

• Advertisement