Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TENNENT'S VITAL 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Dublin to Belfast bus is E20 or so and 24 hour, returning on the hour, then get either the train to Bangor or a bus and it's opposite the station.

can i ask which bus is this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

can i ask which bus is this now?

Info here Link

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Guys, some tickets are back on sale at ticketmaster. I just successfully ordered. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Guys, some tickets are back on sale at ticketmaster. I just successfully ordered. :)

For Eminem :D or The Script :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

LilNiall wrote: »

Both! Get them while they're there,
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Ward-Park-Northern-Ireland-tickets-Bangor/venue/198893

• Advertisement

Nice one!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ryan Sheridan has been added to the Script date

LilNiall wrote: »

Yeah, of course I was talking about Eminem. :)

Ryan Sheridan has been added to the Script date

Foster The People dropped out, he replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 milo2011

does anyone have any idea how someone would get to this from galway? :)

Hi Tribeman, did you get anymore info on buses to Eminem in belfast? myself and 2 friends are hoping to go up and down the same day but the bus are not very frequent. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Awesome! They're using the same stage a Oxegen

378992516.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1314026328&Signature=9KpW%2FGNDmea1uPnHEdccTrW%2Bcsw%3D

1010.jpg

Do you know if you can buy tickets at the gate or online before the concert?

A few friends aren't sure if they can come untill the morning and I'm worried if I don't buy them now they won't get going?

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Do you know if you can buy tickets at the gate or online before the concert?

A few friends aren't sure if they can come untill the morning and I'm worried if I don't buy them now they won't get going?

The Script has sold shockingly poor so yes, you'll be able to pay in.

To be honest that doesn't surprise me! I was disappointed that The Script are headlining.... great band and all but they really aren't summer festival material! Festivals need upbeat music that people can dance and sing to....can't really dance to the Script! Arctic Monkeys would have been a great headliner.

Will we be standing or sitting down? Please god say it's standing..

To be honest that doesn't surprise me! I was disappointed that The Script are headlining.... great band and all but they really aren't summer festival material! Festivals need upbeat music that people can dance and sing to....can't really dance to the Script! Arctic Monkeys would have been a great headliner.

They'd have been great, but wouldn't sell 40,000 tickets. Like most festivals this year, they're having problems getting headliners that will sell enough tickets.

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Will we be standing or sitting down? Please god say it's standing..

Yes, standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭bren2001

Saw Eminem at V festival on Saturday and he was very good. Not my sort of music but really enjoyed it. Anybody going to him is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

sterling didnt even cross my mind! would they accept euros?

Probably not :(

Good Eminem gig yesterday! :)

Very similar to the Oxegen one, which I also enjoyed. I really should trusting these weather forecasts. There was one big cloud in the late afternoon that left the entire crowd soaking wet. It went on for about an hour, the rest of the night it was fine though.
    Anyway, the crowd got really into the show. It got even a little scary at times, when the pushing close to the wavebreaker got so extreme, that about 50 to 100 people fell on the ground. Everybody helped each other up quickly though, so I don't think anyone got hurt.
    All in all a very enjoyable concert. On the con side just the usual stuff that happens at open air shows: lots of people sitting on shoulders of friends, blocking the view for attendees behind and the sound was not loud enough. But I guess this will always be a part of these shows.

The last 15km on the way to Bangor I noticed the "speed limit 60" signs and like every 500 meters speed control cameras. No one seemed to care though, driving an average of 90km there. Is this maybe a speed limit in miles?

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

sabrewulf wrote: »
    The last 15km on the way to Bangor I noticed the "speed limit 60" signs and like every 500 meters speed control cameras. No one seemed to care though, driving an average of 90km there. Is this maybe a speed limit in miles?

sabrewulf

Beyond the City Airport to the concert venue the speed restrictions are in order 60, 40, 50, 60, 40, 30. All in mph. The cameras are average speed cameras. Generally, if you have to stop between a set of cameras e.g at lights you can practically go as fast as fook as your average will be less than the limit. Still there are often camera vans on the route to catch people doing just that. From what I understand these cameras cannot pick up square numberplate or funny shaped ones like on Rovers. I stand to be corrected though.

A work colleague was at the gig and left after 40 mins as she felt so threatened by the the scummy element of the crowd!

For £50 a very good day lineup.

There was quite a bit of trouble & as earlier stated people on shoulders is a pet hate at outdoor gigs. Really hope Vital is back on next year although I gather The Script crowd was no great so may be some doubt about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What were Odd Future like? I heard they got booed of stage and some of the lads in the group said it was a shít gig.

Good Jimmy, but not as good as at Oxegen imo. I think the crowd just didnt get them or maybe were unfamilar.

Tbh no support acts got much of a reception. Jimmy Eat World & The Kaiser Chiefs put on great sets yet the crowd chanted for Eminem through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭hynesie08

What were Odd Future like? I heard they got booed of stage and some of the lads in the group said it was a shít gig.

I don't know what happened tbh. i hadn't heard any of their stuff because i'd heard such hype from their live shows i decided to go in blind as it were. the guys gave 100% but i think a combination of the heat, an uninterested crowd and a lack of recognizable songs killed the atmosphere dead. shame as i really wanted to enjoy them.

The rest of the day was fun though, left Dublin at 11.40 and was in Bangor 3 hours later, first band were pretty **** if i'm honest. Thought D12 were awesome and most of the crowd were really into them. ofwgkta I've talked about already. Jimmy eat world were what i expected odd future to be in that i went in knowing 2 songs and came out wanting to listen to their whole back catalogue. kaiser chiefs were what they were, fun singalong with ricky nelson doing the same shtick he's been doing since 2005, enjoyable but not amazing.

Then there was eminem. I was blown away by him at oxegen last year when i thought that most of the people were there for the old stuff but last night ha a good mix of old and new people and he really stepped up his game on the new songs (I thought he was miming at points at oxegen but not last night) and the royce da 5'9 duets were amazing.

Overall a solid days music served as a warm up for 1 man and luckily he didn't dissapoint.

I think it's a bit ridiculous headlining Eminem infront of the Kaiser Chiefs and Jimmy Eat World!!! Total clash of crowd, no wonder they were chanting for Eminem! I wanted to see the Kaiser Chiefs but certainly didn't want to see Eminem because of the crowd he attracts. They would have been better headlining the Foo Fighters or Coldplay infront of the Chiefs and Jimmy Eat World! Then putting the Script on the same day as Eminem! I'm sure MCD could have got the Foos or Coldplay considering they both played Oxegen!

It's definitely happing next year but not on the same scale. Like come on a 60m stage for Ward Park.... is not the main arena at Oxegen! Can definitely see Snow Patrol and the Killers headlining though

I think it's a bit ridiculous headlining Eminem infront of the Kaiser Chiefs and Jimmy Eat World!!! Total clash of crowd, no wonder they were chanting for Eminem! I wanted to see the Kaiser Chiefs but certainly didn't want to see Eminem because of the crowd he attracts. They would have been better headlining the Foo Fighters or Coldplay infront of the Chiefs and Jimmy Eat World! Then putting the Script on the same day as Eminem! I'm sure MCD could have got the Foos or Coldplay considering they both played Oxegen!

It's definitely happing next year but not on the same scale. Like come on a 60m stage for Ward Park.... is not the main arena at Oxegen! Can definitely see Snow Patrol and the Killers headlining though

Book Eminem on a smaller stage and let me see the emails from the production manager, he'll laugh in your face. To fit a production of that size (or of any similar artist) you need a big stage. I do agree that the lineup seemed a bit thrown together though.

I'd guess they already have Foo Fighters for next year, there's a good chance they'll do Reading and come before it.

I guess so, though how much production Eminem requires compared to a stadium band, I dunno?

On a totally unrelated note, I wish there was some way for Tennants Vital and Belsonic to come together and create a half decent festival for Northern Ireland! Loads of great acts have played Belsonic but it can be quite expensive.

Join Vital and Belsonic together, move to a venue that can accommodate two stages and a big top and have a three day non camping music festival!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

the crowd was terrible for odd future... mellowhype started it off with 64 and everyone seemed to ignore it because they hadn't heard it before or somehting...it was extremely awkward. they didnt even play sandwitches then to make it worse. i think if they played that first and put in a jimmy fallon uncensored performance then theyd have had the crowd... in fairness, nobody around me seemed to know d12s songs either when they came on, but they put on a great show even without Eminem, so you could probably half blame odd future for not trying to lift the crowd... was so disappointed with odd future, was looking forward nearly as much as eminem

• Advertisement

I'd guess they already have Foo Fighters for next year, there's a good chance they'll do Reading and come before it.

That would be excellent to see the Foos next year! :D

Advertisement