Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queens Visit - Disruptions to bus/train/luas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dublin Bus wrote:
    All Dublin Bus services will continue to operate as normal however there will be alternative routings on some services

So, not 'as normal' then.
    More detailed information on services will be available in the coming days and customers should check back here regularly.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
    Services in the suburbs will operate as normal.

Rather unlikely in west Dublin given that the N4, N7 and M50 are supposedly going to be closed at certain times (certain times we poor citizens don't apparently need to be told about :mad: ) but then again, west Dublin is full of skangers and plebs who don't count really :rolleyes:
    Dublin Bus staff will be on duty across the city centre area to assist customers during this time.

As if.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

ninja900 wrote: »
    Rather unlikely in west Dublin given that the N4, N7 and M50 are supposedly going to be closed at certain times (certain times we poor citizens don't apparently need to be told about :mad: ) but then again, west Dublin is full of skangers and plebs who don't count really :rolleyes:

But there'll be people in the city centre to help you as you wait in Clondalkin or Inchicore on the 51s or 78A or if it has been diverted because of a visit to Guinness Storehouse or the M7/M50.

They'll be of great help:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

ninja900 wrote: »
    As if.

I thanked this purely for that comment

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

barefoot wrote: »
    I would walk up Steeven's Lane..turn left into James's Street..continue down into Thomas's Street...Christchurch.....down into Dame Street.
    Here is a link to Dublinmapped...I personally find it easy to use.
    http://www.dublinmapped.com/

That's just Google Maps with a load of ads.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

monument wrote: »
    That's just Google Maps with a load of ads.
    http://hittheroad.ie/ or http://openstreetmap.org too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭noelfirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Some extra money coming the Government's way on Tuesday as inbound traffic on the N4 will be diverted onto the M50 Northbound and through the tolled section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

With all of the city center virtualy closed to domestic traffic, bar public transport and commercial veiches presumably, will Dublin Bus put on more services to cope with the demands? Practiculary morning inbound peak services which are bound to see an upsurge in usage over the coming week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Some extra money coming the Government's way on Tuesday as inbound traffic on the N4 will be diverted onto the M50 Northbound and through the tolled section.

The primary suggestion on the VMSs is the R136 and in from its various ways in (Coldcut, Naas Rd, N81) not the M50/N3 - its on the second board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

SparkyTech wrote: »
    With all of the city center virtualy closed to domestic traffic, bar public transport and commercial veiches presumably, will Dublin Bus put on more services to cope with the demands? Practiculary morning inbound peak services which are bound to see an upsurge in usage over the coming week!

With what?

The entire fleet is out in the morning peak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

lxflyer wrote: »
    With what?

The entire fleet is out in the morning peak.

Will taxi drivers be compensated for severe loss of earnings?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭medicsie

Updates

Dublin bus disruptions:

• Tuesday 17th May 2011 - here
    • Wednesday 18th May 2011 - here

Irish Rail disruptions here

Luas disruptions here

Useful links:

An Garda Síochána
    Bus
    Rail
    Luas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

No word on road closures yet? I will be using the N7 and M50 on all week in the morning to get to work. I suppose they cannot say for security reasons, but I imagine traffic will be diverted. Coming from South so might try and get into City west via the Tallagh by pass but I imagine that route will be horrendous with 10s of roundabouts and traffic lights the whole way.
    argh.. If they just said the redcow/N7 will be closed at 840am for 3 hours etc I'd just go in earlier before road closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

medicsie wrote: »
    Updates

Luas disruptions here

Luas site says

Tuesday 17th to Friday May 20th

The Luas Red and Green Lines will operate a full service throughout the events surrounding the visit of HM Queen Elizabeth II to Ireland.

followed by:

There will be some service disruptions however, which are being introduced on the advice of the Gardai, and related to security.

and

More precise information will be available later today regarding Luas Red line Services alterations on Tuesday May 17th.

so is it or isnt a full service...i dont think it can be with disruptions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Isn't that the biggest problem - no one will tell us anything definite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Lucan123

Extracting info from Dublin Bus website - Tomorrow Tuesday 17th from noon until 17:30(ish) the following busses will operate from Cook St
    25, 25a, 25b, 26, 37, 39, 49, 49a, 50, 51, 51b, 51c, 56, 56a, 65, 65b, 66, 66a, 66b, 67, 68, 69, 70, 77, 77a, 78, 78a, 150

Somehow I can see some problems with the amount of busses and people trying to find their bus, especially in the evening and mid rush hour they will operate from somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Lucan123 wrote: »
    Extracting info from Dublin Bus website - Tomorrow Tuesday 17th from noon until 17:30(ish) the following busses will operate from Cook St
    25, 25a, 25b, 26, 37, 39, 49, 49a, 50, 51, 51b, 51c, 56, 56a, 65, 65b, 66, 66a, 66b, 67, 68, 69, 70, 77, 77a, 78, 78a, 150

Somehow I can see some problems with the amount of busses and people trying to find their bus, especially in the evening and mid rush hour they will operate from somewhere else.

Am I right in thinking that anybody looking to get any of the Lucan / Maynooth buses from Baggot Street / Merrion Sq areas have a 2KM walk to the other side of the city to get their bus from cook street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Where on Earth is Cook St?

Tomorrow evening is going to be chaos.

I actually feel bad for taxi drivers, how are they going to earn a living for the next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Dublin Bus Site says the 50, 77 etc will be operating normally.

So is it not coming from Ringsend now?

read the later one! ugh!!

walking from sir john rogersons quay to christchurch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

Tarabuses wrote: »
    Isn't that the biggest problem - no one will tell us anything definite.

That's how it always is when a head of state moves about under a security threat. When Obama visits any city in America roads close and trains stop with little or no notice. If people were told exactly which roads will be closed at exactly which time, it would make it a lot easier to target them.

• Advertisement

lynchie wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that anybody looking to get any of the Lucan / Maynooth buses from Baggot Street / Merrion Sq areas have a 2KM walk to the other side of the city to get their bus from cook street?

Correct.
    phasers wrote: »

I actually feel bad for taxi drivers, how are they going to earn a living for the next week?

Cook Street is behind Christchurch Cathedral between Winetavern Street and Bridge Street.
    Misticles wrote: »
    Dublin Bus Site says the 50, 77 etc will be operating normally.

So is it not coming from Ringsend now?

There are two tables for the bus routes tomorrow on the front page at www.dublinbus.ie

The top one covers the period from 0500 to 1200 and the second from 1200 to 1730.

In the second one it clearly includes routes 50 and 77 as operating to/from Cook Street. The 2 and 3 will operate along Ringsend Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

its behind christchurch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Misticles wrote: »
    its behind christchurch
    Oh I think I know it, the 78a left me there one Paddy's day. It seems a very small space for all those buses, and hard to find if you don't know where to go!

Oh I think I know it, the 78a left me there one Paddy's day. It seems a very small space for all those buses, and hard to find if you don't know where to go!

That's the one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

luas details have been updated now
    Luas Service Arrangements for the visit of H.M Queen Elizabeth II
    The Luas Green Line *will operate a normal service during the visit of H.M Queen Elizabeth II.
    There will be service disruptions on the Luas Red Line ( Tallaght to Connolly and The Point Stops)*on Tuesday May 17 2011.*The Luas Red Line service will run as normal between Tallaght and Connolly until 13:00pm.*
    From 13:00pm till 17. 15pm service will operate between Tallaght and Blackhorse Stops only.

Please also note, Luas Abbey Street Stop on Tuesday May 17 will be closed from 5.30am to 17:15pm

Passengers are advised to watch this website for updated information.*

Similarly, there will be Red Line service changes on Wednesday May 18 2011.

Luas Red line service will operate normally from Tallaght to Connolly stop until 8.25am.

From 8.25am till later in the evening, approximately 16.25pm the service will operate between Tallaght and Blackhorse Stop only.

Luas tickets will be valid on Dublin Bus throughout the periods of service disruption only.*

Luas advise passengers to check this website ( www.luas.ie ) in advance of their journey and to allow extra time to travel.*

Customers can also call Freephone Luas Customer Care on 1800 300 604. Customer Care hours are 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 10am – 2pm.

Customers can also follow us on Twitter @official_luas

Further service arrangements on the visit of President Barack Obama to Ireland will follow later this week.

Luas Customer Care would like to thank all our customers for travelling Luas and for their cooperation at this time.

Dublin Bus updates:

Dublin Airport
    Heuston Station (with map!)

Dublin Bus updates:

Dublin Airport

This is excellent and a massive improvement in the standard of communication from DB! Congrats to whoever is responsible for this.

I presume it's all systems go for using the bus lanes for the next few days. With every Gard on Queen duty, surely there'll be no one assigned to stopping cars in the bus lanes.

I presume it's all systems go for using the bus lanes for the next few days. With every Gard on Queen duty, surely there'll be no one assigned to stopping cars in the bus lanes.

Probably. But please don't. My busses will be delayed enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

That travel update from Luas is very confusing. For disruption which is only affecting their Red Line, you'd imagine it should be easy to give clear details for each stop.

They have not indicated what disruption can be expected to The Point area. Are we to assume all trams will be running to Connolly only?

I agree with markpb, the information from Dublin Bus has been excellent so far. It's amazing what difference a simple map can make to assisting passengers.

• Advertisement

As far as I can tell, the Green line is grand and running normally. On the red line, Abbey street stop is closed from 7:30 to 17:30 (i think). The Line itself will run as normal up until 1pm (except abbey street) and then from 1pm-5.15pm, trams running from Tallaght to Blackhorse only. Then it resumes full service.

Pretty easy to read, i thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Dublin Bus updates:

Dublin Airport

Dublin Bus utilising OpenStreetMap? Wow, kudos to their PR department.
    The Line itself will run as normal up until 1pm (except abbey street) and then from 1pm-5.15pm, trams running from Tallaght to Blackhorse only. Then it resumes full service.

Tallaght to Blackhorse for the vast majority of the day including the very start of rush hour is a pretty shocking level of curtailment though...

They must be hearing you!!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Temporary-Terminus-in-Cook-St/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Trains not stopping at Phoenix Park Racecourse Station due to Garda request...

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=1106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

January wrote: »
    Trains not stopping at Phoenix Park Racecourse Station due to Garda request...

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=1106

The Gardai aren't silly enough to think the station is anywhere near the Phoenix Park are they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

dublin city council traffic cams are shut down till the 25th .so you cant even plan your journey .

stop wrote: »
    The Gardai aren't silly enough to think the station is anywhere near the Phoenix Park are they? :)

its not the gardai! (thinking that)

suspicious device found in the carpark

thomasj wrote: »
    not the gardai! suspicious device found in the carpark

Evidence that someone is using the station? :)

markpb wrote: »
    Evidence that someone is using the station? :)

:pac:

ah come on that carpark does be busy these day i see it when i pass it every day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Northern services only going as far as Balbriggan, security alert at Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Does anyone have any idea what the story with Bus Eireann is? I get the bus from Dunshaughlin to Phibsboro, but it says that over the next 2 days, the buses will be taking the m50 and the port tunnel meaning that Phibsboro will be avoided.

I just want to clarify, but the Bus Eireann number 01-8366111 doesn't seem to be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Does anyone have any idea what the story with Bus Eireann is? I get the bus from Dunshaughlin to Phibsboro, but it says that over the next 2 days, the buses will be taking the m50 and the port tunnel meaning that Phibsboro will be avoided.

I just want to clarify, but the Bus Eireann number 01-8366111 doesn't seem to be working.
    that number rarely works and most expressway routes are going from the M50/port tunnel direct to Busaras afaik. Commuter routes from that area are operating via Gardiner St to busaras/Beresford Place.
    Routes 101, 103, 105, 107, 109 and 111 will operate via Gardiner Street to Busaras/Beresford Place all day
    http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=952&month=May

I'm back in the car tmw. There was nothing on the roads today and the bus still took forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

dublin city council traffic cams are shut down till the 25th .so you cant even plan your journey .

Why, are they all taking time off to see the dignitaries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Had great fun cycling down an empty St John's Road West towards Hueston Station this evening. One should visit more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭xper

Tarabuses wrote: »
    Originally Posted by lost marbles viewpost.gif

Why, are they all taking time off to see the dignitaries?
    Pretty obvious security reasons why they are not providing public access to bird's eye live views of the roads closed for the VIP convoys.

All in all, the disruption to the city is really a bit much. They should have concentrated the city centre activities into one day and taken her around the ring of Kerry or somehhing. I dread to think what our Portuguese visitors tomorrow are going to think. Of course, they're s broke as us so they won't be coming back anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Anyone know what the restrictions are today? Just heard on radio that N4 will be closed till 11pm. I'll be going to St Patrick's Hospital this evening - will SCR and Thomas St be open? Will Red Line Luas be working? The AA site isn't informative on this.

I dont know what the level of curtailment will be later on, but this morning when I was walking through town there wasn't a barricade in sight! I think I maybe saw four cops all the way through.

At least they aren't imposing restrictions when it's not necessary!

Anyone know what the restrictions are today? Just heard on radio that N4 will be closed till 11pm. I'll be going to St Patrick's Hospital this evening - will SCR and Thomas St be open? Will Red Line Luas be working? The AA site isn't informative on this.

LUAS Update: http://78.137.167.70/travel-updates/
    Dublin Bus Update: www.dublinbus.ie
    Garda Update: http://www.garda.ie/QueenDublinLatest.htm

All the above websites have the answers to those questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

Although not mentioned above, Kildare St is now closed to traffic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement