Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queens Visit - Disruptions to bus/train/luas

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I don't really have a problem with the visit in principle either. However, one has to ask could this not have been arranged around a weekend (maybe a bank holiday with a bit of co-ordination so that Monday evening traffic isn't badly hit). It really is unfair to those going to work, college (it's exam season), etc, to have this sort of disruption on a weekday. Yes it has been advertised in advance but at the end of the day disrupting so many for the sake of the few is not acceptable in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Sorry if I've missed it, but how and when is Lizzie leaving Dublin? I don't see any road closures noted for tomorrow (20th) on the Garda site and on Twitter they are saying they don't foresee any road closures. IE are saying the same thing re. trains on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Sorry if I've missed it, but how and when is Lizzie leaving Dublin? I don't see any road closures noted for tomorrow (20th) on the Garda site and on Twitter they are saying they don't foresee any road closures. IE are saying the same thing re. trains on Twitter.

I think she's flying from Cork to London tomorrow evening. Presumably once she leaves Dublin for Cashel it's back to normal as far as Dublin is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Niles wrote: »
    I think she's flying from Cork to London tomorrow evening. Presumably once she leaves Dublin for Cashel it's back to normal as far as Dublin is concerned.

Not really because then its Obama.

Niles wrote: »

Yes but how is she getting to Cashel and at what time does she leave Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

I just dont understand why with all the orgainsing did no one think to have the event somewhere else that didnt mean all bridges had to be closed surely there was somewhere else in the city that they could have had it which could cause less disruption

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

Yes but how is she getting to Cashel and at what time does she leave Dublin?

According to today's Irish Times, the trip to Cashel is by helicopter.

So that's pretty much it for Dublin traffic disruption.

Alan_P wrote: »
    According to today's Irish Times, the trip to Cashel is by helicopter.

So that's pretty much it for Dublin traffic disruption.

Yeah, only heard that this morning on RTE news. Don't know why the trip to the National Stud wasn't done in the same way? Anyway, glad that today should be a normal enough day in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yeah, only heard that this morning on RTE news. Don't know why the trip to the National Stud wasn't done in the same way? Anyway, glad that today should be a normal enough day in Dublin.

She dislikes going by chopper if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Got on the 249 bus today at Cork Bus station at 2.45, bus went on it's merry way around the streets around the Elysian and the quays. Ended back up at the Bus station 15mins later to be told get off and come back in at 4.45.

The usual shambles from BE and Gardai :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

...and she's gone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement