Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out on a wednesday?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey I was wondering if there any good places to go out on a Wednesday night in Dublin? A friend of mine is leaving for warmer climes so we want to give her a good send off, but that is the only night we can do it.

First of all, I can't STAND night clubs and were more of an "alternative music" crowd so the likes of Diceys is out. We're looking for somewhere that isn't too expensive (ie no cover charge), has a dance floor (NB**) and plays good quality non-chart, non-manufactured music.

Please share your tip.

Zooey:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Workmans Club and Crawdaddy would spring to mind. Not sure what is on in each on a Wednesday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'd say Workmans or the Lost Society (formerly Spy/Wax) would be your best bet. They both have cover charges but I don't think they're that much and they have decent enough drink deals. I think the Academy has a new night running on Wednesdays too.

Workmans has indie and dance music, Lost Society has dubstep and hip hop. Wednesdays in the Lost Society (Strangeways) used to be held in Crawdaddy but now a different crowd are running nights there that wouldn't attract the ''alternative music crowd'' that you're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Fibbers on Parnell Street is good value,€5 in and €3 drinks,rock and alternative music.

Jello wrote: »
    I'd say Workmans or the Lost Society (formerly Spy/Wax) would be your best bet. They both have cover charges but I don't think they're that much and they have decent enough drink deals. I think the Academy has a new night running on Wednesdays too.

Workmans has indie and dance music, Lost Society has dubstep and hip hop. Wednesdays in the Lost Society (Strangeways) used to be held in Crawdaddy but now a different crowd are running nights there that wouldn't attract the ''alternative music crowd'' that you're looking for!

That new night in the Academy isn't meant to be the may best unless they've managed to get people going to it in the last two weeks.

If dubstep is your thing get to Strangeways though, two of my mates are resident DJ's there, the other week the bass was so heavy they cracked a window!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

One of your mates wouldn't go by the name of the AV Kid would he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 boreds11

You can't beat Coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

the globe opposite the george. free in, great tunes, nightclub downstairs, no kids. Ha sounds like I work there (I don't) anytime ive been there they have a deal on a beer but its normal prices mostly.. open till 2.30 every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Wednesday night are for bed.

One of your mates wouldn't go by the name of the AV Kid would he?

Nope they go under the name Dubcentric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 zooeylullabye

Hey, Thanks for all the help. Looks like it will be the Globe or Workmans from where im standing. Also, you can beat coppers, anything can beat copper!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement