Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watt computer?

• 11-05-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what computers are useful for doing power based intervals/
    Where you can view the average power of the interval you are doing live , so to speak?
    I like the look and size of the garmin 500, but not sure if it's useful? I'd be using it with a powertap.
    Thanks for any info

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The Garmin 500 is fine for average power and intervals - it's not much different from the 800 in terms of power information.

The other (expensive) option is the Saris Joule 2.0, which can give you additional in-ride information, such as normalised power, TSS etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Garmin (500, 705, 800) or Saris Joule are probably the best. I haven't used the Joule but would miss the GPS track of the Garmins, very useful for working through old files.

With my Garmin 705 I have 8 fields and two screens. I typically set up screen 1 for numbers relating to the current interval and screen 2 for total ride stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

Perfect, thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

I have a powertap and a garmin 500 they work very well together. I have never had any problem with it. The software is important too the garmin software is not the best its basic. I use goldencheetah is free and class.

http://goldencheetah.org/download.html

Mail me if your having problems and I will show you how to use it.

Advertisement