Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heifer jumping

• 11-05-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

i served a heifer 12 days ago i noticed another heifer following and jumping her this morning but she wasnt interested and kept dunting her away,as i am new to this serving heifers could it mean that the heifer doing the following and jumping could be coming on for bulling and say the one that was served if she comes back on could it be before the three weeks is up or on exactyl three weeks and after hope u can make sence of this question and any tips and help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

I would say its the other heifer thats coming into heat, 12 days is early, usually 17 to 24 days to have repeats. Keep an eye on the other heifer, thats a sign of heat. Others may have different experiences with days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I would say its the other heifer thats coming into heat, 12 days is early, usually 17 to 24 days to have repeats. Keep an eye on the other heifer, thats a sign of heat. Others may have different experiences with days though.

Spot on Jeff.
    But just about anything is possible!
    Record keeping around bulling time is a great management tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

have seen them re--cycle less than the 21 days.. but not taht much..keep an eye on the other lady.. she standing to be jumped on! also check served heifer from now on..till over 24 days--fingers crossed she's kept! think gd rate this year so far--of females holding compared to other years

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I had a cow that the bull would serve every 7 to 10 days for 3 months last year! I presumed that she would not be in calf but the scan showed otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭leoch

thanks for the replies lads the heifer doing the jumping is on herself tonight ai man coming in morning will keep an eye on served one aswell thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭what happen

my ai man has a herd of milking cows and told me one of his cows repeated on 26 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭leoch

ai man came this morning and done her with easy caving lim i think it was odz anybody know wat its like

leoch wrote: »
    ai man came this morning and done her with easy caving lim i think it was odz anybody know wat its like

Although I bought straws of FL22 for heifers, the AI man forgot them a couple of times and we used ODZ so I'm in the same boat as yourself.
    Thinking about it now there is the chance that said heifers repeated and FL22 was then used. I may check the statement from Eurogene nearer to calving to be sure, or the calendar at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

ozeus. proven french bull. good figures in France for weaning and maternal traits. no Irish calves yet

ozeus. proven french bull. good figures in France for weaning and maternal traits. no Irish calves yet

I don't know this lad Ozeus.
    The bull I was talking about is Oderim ,ODZ, a Dauphin son from France. 5* for calving and milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

OOPS! Thought you said OZS :o my bad!

Advertisement