Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password for Eircom router page

Options
  • 11-05-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was sent a new eircom router and received it today. One thing I'm wondering about is how to access the router page.

http://192.168.1.254/ is what I'm navigating to and it's asking me for a password with the following:

Welcome to your device configuration utility
    Enter your password and press enter or click "Login"

I'm flummoxed by this as with the old router it was click enter and you're away. I never had to deal with any passwords or restrictions accessing it before.

The broadband is working fine now but I would like to change around a few settings RE the firewall.

Thanks for your patience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Should be the default "password" or is it written on the router itself?

You could try and get the model of the router and try this site.

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

Also did you try a blank username and password?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shamrock883

There is a blank form for a password only. I have tried the wireless security password but no joy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

There is a blank form for a password only. I have tried the wireless security password but no joy with that.

Hi Shamrock883,

Sorry for the delay.

The admin password to access the router interface, unless you've changed it, is just : broadband1 (small letters).

If you've a problem logging in with this password, try a manual hard-reset on the router.
    (hold pin in to reset hole at back of modem, with power on. Release pin after 10 secs, and lights may flash off /on... Wait a few minutes)
    Once the modem is reset, try to log on to the router again using the password : broadband1

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shamrock883

Hi Ant,

Password worked the charm. Thanks!

@chin_grin, thanks for the help. I'll bookmark that for the future

Advertisement