Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good free resource for finding jobseekers

Options
  • 11-05-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I have a part-time position to fill and I'm looking for a good resource for finding jobseekers.
    I don't want to pay to view cv's, I want a free service. I have registered with fas and am able to view cv's on their website but there are suprisingly few. I thought there would have been loads on there.
    I had more luck on gumtree.ie, but still not fantastic.

Surely there are thousands out there looking for work.

Please don't contact me looking for work. I'm only interested in the cv resource.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

I can't really be of much help here but I make two observations;

1. If you don't want contact from people looking for work, remove the type of job. It's only hanging a carrot in front of people!

2. I suppose the problem with any online CV resourse is that the type of employment your offering is not always assocaited with online recruitment. Therefore your pool of possible employees is limited.

Why not just advertise the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

Thanks for the advice. I've removed the job type.
    I tried advertising a job before on Fas.ie.
    I got hundreds of emails and cv's from unqualified people chancing their arm. People who I'm guessing apply for every job that get posted.
    Too much work to sort the wheat from the chaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Considering the job, would you consider taking to FAS directly to see if there are anyone on their last year of an apprenticeship that you could take on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

afishyfish wrote: »
    I have a part-time position to fill and I'm looking for a good resource for finding jobseekers.
    I don't want to pay to view cv's, I want a free service. I have registered with fas and am able to view cv's on their website but there are suprisingly few. I thought there would have been loads on there.
    I had more luck on gumtree.ie, but still not fantastic.

Surely there are thousands out there looking for work.

Please don't contact me looking for work. I'm only interested in the cv resource.
    Thanks in advance.

If we all expected something for nothing none of us would be making any money!

You get what you pay for...

Companies like Jobs.ie will screen all applications to make sure you only get relevant CVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

If we all expected something for nothing none of us would be making any money!

You get what you pay for...

Companies like Jobs.ie will screen all applications to make sure you only get relevant CVs.

What kind of money do they charge for this service. Might be of help to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

harry21 wrote: »
    What kind of money do they charge for this service. Might be of help to the OP.

They don't have a set price... it depends on how big your company is and how many people you want to hire.

Advertisement