Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childminding rates

Options
  • 11-05-2011 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi guys i currently mind two children aged 9 and 13 in my home from 3.30 to 5.30 and am getting 15€ for two hours the 9 year old just has some toast when he gets in and i don't mind supplying that. And they both have their dinner at home at 5.30. Their mam has asked me to mind them for full days during summer and she said that she will provide their foods if I cook it. firstly I don't know what I feel about cooking different foods because I know that if I am feeding my daughter or giving her a treat that I will also give them something so as to not leave them out so I will end up more grocery bills at end of week, can some one please give me advice on how much i should charge per day from 10.30-5.30 and what i should do about food :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You could ask the parents what way they cook the food for their children or ask the children how they would like the food cooked?

I've no idea on pricing though, sorry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

about 40 euro a day would be fair as they are not babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gingedub

Hi.

I have a similar question to above in that I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a childminder to mind 3 kids in our house Mon - Fri 8-5:30 in the Cork area. The kids are are almost 1, 2 and 4 and the 4 year old will be going to a play-school for 3 hours each day (1 min walk from the house).

I understand that the official costs including paying PRSI, etc would be approx 450 euro but I know if we go with this cost that one of us would have to quit working and stay at home as it would not pay to work full time and pay petrol, pass on tax credits, etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*mod note*
    Nobody can give you any information other then what is the basic legal requirement of minimum age and paying prsi for your employee.

Your other options might be looking in to Au Pairs.

Advertisement