Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc poor wireless reception off router??

Options
  • 11-05-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Im having trouble wit my upc internet,any time i try connect to the internet via wireless the quality is very poor and takes ages to download small files....i thought it was my old age laptop so i got a new one and am still having the problems.Any ideas??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F. Given the lack of info I've gone with the Wireless aspect rather than the UPC router and the broadband forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could you say what equipment you are using?

a cisco systems router with 1 antenna...even web pages are takin ages to load

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I you have the ethernet cable plug it in and you will know in a few seconds if its UPC or your wireless causing the problem.

• Advertisement

just checed there its defo the upc,even using the ethernet cable is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Test your speed on http://speedtest.magnet.ie/ see what it comes up with.

it wont let me test it,it wont open the browser window properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The browser window won't be effected by your broadband, unless you mean the page just doesn't load. Otherwise you have some sort of browser/computer issue.

jor el wrote: »
    The browser window won't be effected by your broadband, unless you mean the page just doesn't load. Otherwise you have some sort of browser/computer issue.
    cheers man a new laptop half fixed the problem but i still have to manually reset the router when i want to use the internet on the laptop

• Advertisement
Advertisement