Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeguard Scopetronic wont arm - U t 6 showing on display.

Options
  • 11-05-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

I came home from holidays a couple of weeks ago to be informed by a tenant of mine, that the alarm was constantly going off and wouldnt stop by entering in the alarm code. The tenant shut it up by snipping one of the wires going to the internal bell - out of sheer frustration I'd imagine.

I had a go at it and found a number of isses, eg. battery was knackered, fuse had gone, conenctions at back of key panel were in a bad way. I now have it to a stage where the alarm will not arm when the code is entered and it comes up with the following : u t 6 - External Bell Tamper.

I haven't gotten up on a ladder yet to physically have a look - not such a good idea in high winds. I had a search through different on-line forums for a bridging fix - some were saying to connect a 4R7 resistor in series with the cable/wire going to the Tamper Return terminal....checked out the panel and there's s 2R2 resistor already in series. Next step in the fix is seemingly to remove the cable/wire going to the Tamper Return and conencted the resistor between the Tamper Return terminal and the BHO (Bell Hold Off) terminal, thus only leaving the cable/wire going to the BHO in place.

Will the 2R2 resistor be adequate for this ? Should it work ? If not, could someone please point me in the right direction.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !!
    Cheers, George.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What you want is existing resistor across BHO and tamper return.
    There is one in series already but there is either a problem with the cable or the bell itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GEORGIEPORGIE

Hi,

Cheers for the reply. Bridged between the Tamper Return and the BHO terminals (or bell -ve in SAB) using the existing resistor - cleared error, alarm now arming/disarming when it's meant to. Checked all tampers/pir when armed/part-armed and all good - alarm working internally but obviously external bell box is'nt. Like you said - it could be the cabling or the bell box itself. Can you recommend a bell box that would be compatible with the above alarm system/wiring ?

Thanks again,
    George.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Any global sabb will work with your alarm system. The first thing to do is test the cable before buying it to determine if the cable or the bell is faulty. To test the bell connect it on a small length of cable beside the panel. To test the cable test it with a multimeter.

Cheers Altor...

That was the plan...will connect up some hook-up wire from the cable at the panel to make continuity check abit easier...will let you know how I get on.

Cheers...George.

Hi Folks,

I returned last night to the alarm going of but no error code was showing on the keypad when it was either armed or dis-armed. I checked the operator memory and the following came up :

PF, t6, tL, A1, A1, A1, A1.

I set the alarm and went around each windown/door, each time setting it off and re-arming the alarm but no error codes showed up on the keypad or no additional errors were logged in the operator memory.

The first three I know but I wasn't too sure what zone A1 represented.

I then proceeded to set the alarm but inhibiting a zone at a time, setting the alarm off and the following is what I came up with :

Zone 0 - Entry/Exit.
    Zone 1 - Upstairs.
    Zone 2 - Downstairs,
    Zone 3 - Everywhere.

So going back to the error logs. PF (power fail) when battery might have been disconnected, t6 - original bell box tamper problem, tL - when board panel lid was removed but this is where it doesnt tie up.....after I bridged out the bell box tamper, I started arming and setting of the alarm at a couple of points downstairs first, then went around the whole house. So if the error codes were following in order, it should have logged A2 instead of A1.

Does anybody know how many error codes the system saves, do they start to over-write themselves ?

Can I delete them, presuming I need the engineers code for this ?

At least if I delete the existing error code memory - when I arm the alarm again and it goes off, I will hopefully have a record of what zone is causing the problem (even if it does'nt indicate it at the keypad). Without this I cant really trouble-shoot!

The Motion sensor on the landing is'nt activating the alarm now either, it did when I initially sorted the bell box tamper problem !

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    George.

• Advertisement

In addition to the above....the other half will set the alarm again when she leaves this morn but this time will inhibit Zone 1 (upstairs), so I'll see what awaits me when I get home this evening.

Cheers,
    George.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have sent you a P.M with regard a engineer manual off this alarm system. Hopefully it will answer all your questions :D

Thanks....have replied with email addresses.

Hi Folks....

Would anyone have the Engineer Manual for the above alarm ?

Cheers,
    George.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimout

is this information still available ? i need engineers manual

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sent you that manual.
    If future use this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055973617
    instead of digging up a two year old one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement