Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - We are New to Renting

Options
  • 11-05-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Over the coming months we plan to start renting soon and I was just wondering if someone could advise on any pitfalls to try and avoid and what we should expect when signing a lease etc? Also we are looking at places similar to the link below but 1000 Euro seems a lot for a duplex in Saggart..what would you suggest would be a fair Price?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=999989

Thanks again..
    Cheapo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

just keep an eye out on bin charges.....some landlords/agents have it covered in the price....others dont....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

ap1986 wrote: »
    just keep an eye out on bin charges.....some landlords/agents have it covered in the price....others dont....

Thanks ap1986....anyone else have any other advice?

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Cheapo wrote: »
    Also we are looking at places similar to the link below but 1000 Euro seems a lot for a duplex in Saggart.
    Generally, I find that you can haggle down the price by about €100 a month. €900 a month for a 3 bed in Saggart would seem about right for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

That looks like a lovely apartment!
    Definately always try haggling with the price. They usually if not always ask for at least €50 per month more than they expect to get.
    Other than that, view a good few places before you settle on one-that way you get a proper feel for what is good/bad/suits you etc.
    Check out this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144568 it really helped me when I was first looking for places. I still keep the checklist in mind when Im viewing new properties :)

Advertisement