Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobs in New York 2011

• 11-05-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Are many of you going over to New York for J1 2011? If so, what is your situation with work? Me and 2 friends are heading over on the 25th of May. Jeeez, finding some work is some job in itself, I'm just wondering if any of you guys have contacts in terms of jobs from previous years etc? Craigslist doesnt seem to have summer jobs, the databases for j1 don't seem to even want to reply..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Synesis wrote: »
    Are many of you going over to New York for J1 2011? If so, what is your situation with work? Me and 2 friends are heading over on the 25th of May. Jeeez, finding some work is some job in itself, I'm just wondering if any of you guys have contacts in terms of jobs from previous years etc? Craigslist doesnt seem to have summer jobs, the databases for j1 don't seem to even want to reply..
    Yo. Sorted out with a job from August til late Sep, but as for earlier on in summer, just planning on getting a shi*load of CVs and running around to any craiglist listed place/looking for vacancy signs to be honest. tough enough when the entire summer depends on getting work fast!

We are looking for people to live with too, thinking of Queens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marmar20

Hey, my friend and I have jobs in a bar in Queens from July to September but that was thro contacts. We're going to look for a place to live in Queens too, apparently its where a lot of young Irish ones are.Is there like an American version of daft or has anybody got any info on where is ok to live in Queens etc...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bootsmcginty

Myself and my mate karl have bar work organised for june to sep also.were flyin out from dub 16th june?were 23, suppose were gonna nedd to find a few new pals to rent with its expensive enough i hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭BWairsoft

Story guys?? in New York on j1.. if anyone has spare room theyr lookin to rent gimme a shout!

Advertisement