Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank, WTF????

Options
  • 11-05-2011 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

I went into my local branch today to pick up some Euro transfer forms as I need to do a couple of transfers in the next few days. I was told "we can only give out one transfer form at a time". What??? I told the teller that I was a regular customer (I even offered my card if he wished to check my transaction history) and did these transfers on a regular basis and had been given handfuls of forms in the past and all I wanted was two! Teller repeated "we can only give them out one at a time". I asked why and got a standard "we've been told by head office" response. I asked again what was the reason and the teller then said "it was to prevent fraud". I fully accept that I am sometimes asked for photo ID when I do the actual transfer and I have no problem providing it though not really sure why when the funds are coming from my UB account and I'm using chip and pin. Now, apart from the teller inferring that I was committing some kind of offence or was engaged in illegal activity how does issuing one form prevent fraud where handing out two forms might facilitate fraud?
    I'm really sick of this crap everytime I go to UB to do what is a simple transaction in the Euro zone. UB did say back in Feb that this facility would be available online from the end of March, that still hasn't happened! FFS, it's the 21st century. Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It's a standard thing. If you regularly do it you should have been given more than one form. Tbh it sounds like the person you wherer dealing with just got stubborn and they should have used some common sense.

If you want go back in to the branch or call them and ask for the sqa. There the service quality advisor and simply read out what you posted above. At least them you having you problem address.

Online transfers are happening in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

It's a standard thing. If you regularly do it you should have been given more than one form. Tbh it sounds like the person you wherer dealing with just got stubborn and they should have used some common sense.

If you want go back in to the branch or call them and ask for the sqa. There the service quality advisor and simply read out what you posted above. At least them you having you problem address.

Online transfers are happening in June.

Exactly this. It is advised that only one form is handed out at a time. The difference between one and two is based on the assumption that you are probably going to only use one now. The blank one could be picked up by someone else who might attempt a fraudulent transaction. There have been many cases of this, including from family members.

That being said - a common sense approach should be used in these situations. As unclebill said, register your complaint and calmly explain how "unhelpful" you found the staff member. That word will get them moving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

If you happen to have a few UB branches near you I would go into each one and request a form in each of them assuming that you don't need to get the form from the branch you have your account with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

If you happen to have a few UB branches near you I would go into each one and request a form in each of them assuming that you don't need to get the form from the branch you have your account with.

That really points out the absurdity of their stupid petty rules! Thanks but that kind of defeats the purpose of making my life easier!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

move banks lol with AIB ones u can print them off the website ub not have that yet ? Seems to me they are very behind the times when it comes to IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I agree going around the branches is stupid. Like I said the teller make a bad judgement call. If you wait till June they will be online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    move banks lol with AIB ones u can print them off the website ub not have that yet ? Seems to me they are very behind the times when it comes to IT

Not on your life, I'd rather stick a bundle of Euro in an envelope and post it than (voluntarily) put any money tru AIB or BOI. Fully agree with UB being very behind the times though. Only reason I joined UB was for the visa debit card after Halifax (now there was a great bank!) quit the sinking ship. UB were the only other bank offering it at the time.

Advertisement