Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ailie - Thursday 12th May - The Mercantile Venue, Dublin

Options
  • 11-05-2011 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi all. A good friend of mine is playing her first big gig in Dublin tomorrow night so I thought I might post it here for anyone interested if that's ok. You can listen to some of her songs here. Would love to know what you think!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ailie Blunnie
    The Mercantile
    Dame Street, Dublin
    May 12th/8pm/5€
    With very special guests
    MySpace
    Facebook

Ailie Blunnie is a piano/guitar-based singer-songwriter from Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim. Her self-penned material fuses elements deriving from the musical spheres of jazz, pop and soul, with those more readily characteristic of a classical idiom. From playful and mischievous to touching and honest, each song embodies a miniature snapshot of the trials and achievements of everyday 20-something living.

Though Ailie is classically-trained in piano, guitar and voice she brilliantly mixes every influence and genre to write very catchy pop songs.

Ailie has sold out her 3 headline performances in Bewleys Cafe Theatre and performed alongside Vyvienne Long, Paddy Casey, Mundy, Pete Courtney, Juliet Turner, The Four of Us, Story Fold, Mark Greaney (JJ72) and Leanne Harte among others.

This show in the Mercantile on May 12th will be her biggest headline show to date. With very special guests on the night, this show is one not to miss.

'Imagine Duke Special meets Imelda May for a day of feeding ducks in the park. Put that thought into music.' Keiron Black RTE 2xm/2fm

158498.jpg

Advertisement