Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPod Shuffle Issues Help Please

Options
  • 11-05-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I've just bought an Ipod Shuffle and it doesn't appear in MyComputer and so not in Itunes. I thought that the icon should appear immediately when the device is plugged in.

Not sure what to do - have reinstalled itunes and think have followed all advice from apple!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Try a different USB port on the pc. I found out one of my ports was busted from something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 7 terryj

Hey thanks

all ports work have tried them with other devices

anyother ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Only two other things I could think of

A) leave it plugged in for a while, it may be the battery is dead and needs a kick up the arse to get it going. Charging off a pc may take a while is all as they're would not be as much a charge of this as opposed to mains

B) try a different pc. Not mine, but worked for someone else

After that I'd be stumped. Could be worth calling apple - 1850 946 191. You could be unfortunate and have gotten one that was DOA

Could also try this - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1655

• Registered Users Posts: 7 terryj

matchthis

ill give these a go and hopefully something will work

ill let you know how we get on

thanks

Advertisement