Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rafter types

• 11-05-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi,,. does any one know what c16 means stamped on a rafter ... am i mistaken in thinking c16 means native timber and c21 is imported.. i asked my supplier for imported rafters for my house but just got enough for guide rafters first, but c16 is stamped on them

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Its the strength grading of the timber, nothing to do with origin. although c24 is more likely to come from outside the UK or ireland and from mainland europe. I dont think there is a c21 timber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdesbt

so is there any way of knowing if its imported or native, or does it make a difference...(the imported was the roofers request)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

There are usually various numbers and symbols printed on load bearing timber. Google for them.
    Check the ends for saw mill seals, check if there is a FSC number on the side.

Advertisement