Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook

Options
  • 11-05-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

This is a kind of what do you think about the reaction to Shifting Page?

It's been getting alot of Media Attention. My opinion on the page is that

"I'd be kinda offended if I saw a pic of myself up there because I have aunts and siblings on Facebook. But lucky for me I haven't been caught on camera in any compromising photos. The best lesson to learn from it is probably: be more careful what ya do in a public place. It will teach people to have a little bit more respect for themselves and be more aware of the world. I'm not saying it's there fault because we always do things (people) were not proud of but I guess it's a live and learn situation. DENY, DENY, DENY"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Harmless.

Looking for a story to fill copy. Pretty gutter out of the Examiner actually, I'd have expected it from likes of the Star but I'm surprised the Examiner went with it.

If you're shifting someone in a nightclub or whatever you can't really have any complaints tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The creator of the original UL page put up a very eloquent address to the journalists and papers who were commenting on it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

It's like anything, there is always bad press due to a number off people taking advantage of a service. Facebook and Bebo back in the day got bad press and all it is is for a bit of craic and fun. I know the lad who "apparently" made the original page. Still have my doubts ;) people need to realise that what they do in public can be shown on a public forum. I work in night clubs and see all sorts going on. It's only when your sober you realise just how crazy people get when drunk. I found the pages quite funny, however, some of the pictures should never be posted online. There are other sites for that sort of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

If you dont want to see a picture of yourself jackin off some fella in the lodge then dont jack of any fellas in the lodge

I dont think much of that guys response to be honest but he did make at least one good point which was these pictures were already on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

PeakOutput wrote: »
    If you dont want to see a picture of yourself jackin off some fella in the lodge then dont jack of any fellas in the lodge

Are you not agreeing with what he says though? In relation to, "maybe you'll be more careful in what you do in a nightclub from now on?"

I thought I was a good response and at least he went to the bother of actually making a statement seen as he created the page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah in all fairness its a bit of fun and if you dont like the picture then report the pic.

Its just people over-reacting to things again >_>

Advertisement