Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuprinol or Ronseal

Options
  • 11-05-2011 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    I have just bought a garden shed and it is pressure treated. I have applied nothing to it yet and am wondering if anyone used Cuprinol garden shades (its kinda like a woodstain but with colours such as green, blue etc).

However, I usually use Ronseal woodstain ( which has a stain and a varnish in the one). I'd image this would be a better protection than the Cuprinol shades.

Does anyone know if i can apply the cuprinol directly on the shed without useing any primer? Doesn't really give any details on the tin. The reason why i'm asking is once i apply the cuprinol shades of green, there is no going back to the Ronseal woodstain and varnish?

Any help appreciated?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Cuprinol Shades is ideal for applying a colour directly to Garden Sheds, would recommend two coats especially for the lighter tones.

Advertisement